Who makes amps with Class A bias?

Roger A. Modjeski

Re: Who makes amps with Class A bias?
« Reply #240 on: 18 Jul 2014, 03:36 am »
ok let's see some circuits to explore architectures...

G,

I believe I get it but its an unclear schematic. Perhaps you could re-draw it and give a brief description for those here. It appears to me to have a single supply and output coupling cap. The top output device appears to be a current source while the bottom output device is driven. I appreciate its simplicity.

I like seeing schematics with some currents and voltages noted.

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #241 on: 18 Jul 2014, 04:39 am »
G,

I believe I get it but its an unclear schematic. Perhaps you could re-draw it and give a brief description for those here. It appears to me to have a single supply and output coupling cap. The top output device appears to be a current source while the bottom output device is driven. I appreciate its simplicity.

I like seeing schematics with some currents and voltages noted.

Roger,you are correct in your quote,the differential pair is pnp trnsistors and its current source also,the o/p devices are enhancement power mosfets  n-channel(lets say 2sk1058)the top power current source uses an npn transistor to set the current,as is works well from a regualtor supply,otherwise decoupling at the input voltage divider is required along with heavy filtering of the power supply,i forgot to put the frequency roll off cap in the driven o/p power device..

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #242 on: 20 Jul 2014, 08:30 pm »
These posts seem to have diverged from the OP and would be a better fit for the Lab circle.
Would an interested party to the discussion post a new topic there for this, please?

Mike Nomad

« Reply #243 on: 24 Jul 2014, 08:00 pm »
Earlier I had mentioned that I was making a list:

Lindel AMPX
Monarchy DA08
Monarchy SM-70
Musical Paradise MP301
Musical Reference EM7 (5 WPC)

I just spoke with someone at Monarchy Audio (perhaps Mr. Poon). The DA08 I mentioned (a 300B tube amp) is made by Dignity Audio in Hong Kong, and Monarchy is selling it as part of a reciprocity deal.

On the other hand, I just found out about ampsandsound.com.