FireFox 54.0.1 (32-bit) unstable

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: FireFox 54.0.1 (32-bit) unstable
« Reply #40 on: 17 Sep 2017, 10:44 am »
Situation worse again w/many FF lockings, that force me to investigate, after uninstall Adbock Plus 2.9.1(legacy), McAfee WebAdvisor 5.0.559.0  and Google Search Bar the situation better alot and was possible to see the prob is at Firefox 55.0.3 32 bits.

Activing Google Search Bar block the FF in minutes even without seeing videos, the same for Google translator, seems FF dont support anymore these apps :duh:
Mozila is forcing me cameback to IE-11.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2017, 02:46 pm by FullRangeMan »

andy_c

« Reply #41 on: 17 Sep 2017, 10:59 pm »
Situation worse again w/many FF lockings, that force me to investigate, after uninstall Adbock Plus 2.9.1(legacy), McAfee WebAdvisor 5.0.559.0  and Google Search Bar the situation better alot and was possible to see the prob is at Firefox 55.0.3 32 bits.

Activing Google Search Bar block the FF in minutes even without seeing videos, the same for Google translator, seems FF dont support anymore these apps :duh:
Mozila is forcing me cameback to IE-11.

Firefox is in the process of changing their support for add-ons.  The old-style "XPI" add-ons are now marked as "legacy" in yellow in the add-ons dialog, but most of them still work in 55.0.3.  When version 57 is released (supposedly in November of this year), the legacy add-ons will cease to function.  All add-ons for Firefox 57 and later must be written by the programmer using the so-called "WebExtensions" application programming interface (API).  Many extension developers got mad at Mozilla for this decision and refused to rewrite their add-ons using the new API, so many of these add-ons will go away permanently.

Firefox makes available what's called "Firefox ESR" (Extended Support Release), which is a slightly older version that will retain support for legacy add-ons for about one more year, while also getting security updates.  It's supposed to be for institutional use where better stability is needed, but I finally got sick of all the shenanigans with new Firefox versions and downloaded it for my use.  It works very well, and I can't tell any difference in appearance or operation, (other than support for the older add-ons) between it and the latest version.  It gets rid of the yellow "legacy" notation in the add-ons dialog for the older XPI add-ons.  You can read more about it here and download it here.

For ad blockers, I highly recommend uBlock Origin.  It's very fast.  AdBlock is in the business of being paid by companies for preventing their sites from being blocked, while the uBlock Origin developer is just a regular guy.

There's tons of good discussion about these issues with Firefox in the Firefox group on reddit.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 17 Sep 2017, 11:20 pm »
Thanks Andy, it seems Microsoft dream came true.
If FF cant run Classic theme restorer I may even uninstall Firefox and use IE-11 as it faster than FF.

andy_c

« Reply #43 on: 17 Sep 2017, 11:26 pm »
Thanks Andy, it seems Microsoft dream came true.
If FF cant run Classic theme restorer I may even uninstall Firefox and use IE-11 as it faster than FF.

I still use Firefox, but only for developing web pages now, as it has nice development tools for inspecting and debugging.  I ended up switching to Opera of all things, which I never thought I'd do.  It has the same browsing engine as Chrome, so it's very fast, but has far better bookmark management than Chrome.  It works with uBlock Origin, and a favorite of mine, FVD Video Downloader.  FVD works on Chrome too, but not for downloading youtube videos, which defeats the purpose.  However FVD works just fine for downloading youtube videos in Opera.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #44 on: 20 Sep 2017, 03:09 pm »
This FF 55.0.3 can not even hear 1(one) radio station without locking :duh:

andy_c

« Reply #45 on: 20 Sep 2017, 08:06 pm »
This FF 55.0.3 can not even hear 1(one) radio station without locking :duh:

Lockups and other similar problems can often be due to a buggy add-on.  If you can find a situation that causes the problem in a repeatable way, try disabling all add-ons individually using the Tools, Add-ons menu and subsequent dialog.  If disabling all add-ons fixes the problem, then one of the add-ons is likely to be buggy.  Re-enable each add-on one at a time, repeating the test until the problem comes back.  If you can repeatably make the problem come and go by enabling and disabling a particular add-on, that's the bad one.

If you really want to continue using your legacy add-ons as long as possible, you'll need to install Firefox ESR.  It is the most stable version going and will be kept up to date with security fixes.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #46 on: 21 Sep 2017, 12:03 pm »
Thanks Andy, I appreciated you advice;

I already uninstalled McAfee Web Advisor much time ago at the 53 version, recently I uninstalled Google Search Bar and Ad-block Plus, these last 2 made a very beneficial effect, sometimes I managed to recover the FF without cancel it, it was clear to me that this FF does not support these add-ons, which is a shame.

So now I have only Classic theme Restorer 1.7.0 and Flagfox 51.2.6 add-ons.

This shit have just lockout now w/the Google Translator too, after I quit the Translator tab FF return to operate very slow, incredible the incompetence from these Mozila programmers or software analyst.

Other thing bother me is the mouse and keyboard dont work at all or work very slowly, the FF process the keyboard typing very slowly, I never see a thing like this.

Its clear to me that FF 55.0.3 dont operate at multi-task, but at one task at a time in a line or mono-task.

guest61169

« Reply #47 on: 21 Sep 2017, 03:08 pm »
Suggest have someone come over and look at your whole system (not just FF) and do some analysis and troubleshooting.  What you are doing doesn't seem to be working for you and it is too complex a thing to fix in a discussion forum without digging into your system. 

Aside from that...

-use 64-bit applications if possible
-use a good system recovery app like Macrium Reflect so you can put things back exactly if you mess them up. Make images b4 all software installs
-keep your system simple
-use a sandbox (ie. Sandboxie) to keep things safe if you don't update as often
-stop updating stuff until you find out if their are problems with the updates.  Don't be an "early adopter".   
-if you still have problems, post in a Mozilla forum, not an audio forum

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 21 Sep 2017, 04:32 pm »
Probs begin after it auto updated to V54, after W10Creators situation get worse, w/IE-11 there is no probs :scratch:
I intend no work for Mozila for free, I suspect my FF55 are not send report for them when it lock.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #49 on: 24 Sep 2017, 01:29 pm »
I think I has resolved the prob, two days without incidents.
I will see many videos and radio etc to force happen.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #50 on: 24 Sep 2017, 02:45 pm »
Well w/9 YT tabs open it came to lost tabs screen connection, all tab are unable to show screen.

I noted 2 new plug-in today:
Widevine content decryption module provided by Google 1.4.8.903

OpenH264 1.6 video codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. This plugin is installed automatically by Mozilla in compliance with the WebRTC specification and to enable WebRTC calls with devices that require the H.264 video codec. Visit http://www.openh264.org/ to see the source code for the codec and learn more about the implementation.