LSAF 2018

barryso

LSAF 2018
« on: 14 Apr 2018, 12:29 pm »
The 2018 Lone Star Audio Fest is happening May 4th, 5th and 6th in Dallas, Texas.  The show is pretty low key and if you find a room you like there's a pretty good chance you'll get enough seat time to be able to get a good impression.

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

They are also bringing back their seminars, this time on Sunday:

Sunday, May 6th:
   12:00 to 1:00pm    “Tape History Seminar”, by Charles King   
   1:00pm to 2:00pm    “Crossover Electronics 101″, by Wayne Parham   
   2:00pm to 3:00pm    “Digital Audio Demystified”, by Steven Solazzo
   3:00pm to 4:00pm    “Details in Audio”, by Scott Sheaffer

There is no cost to attend unless you want to get a room at the hotel and spend the weekend.  The equipment ranges from reasonably priced to expensive to very much more than expensive. There are several manufacturers that have rooms there, too, and the designers are generally happy to discuss all things audio.  It's a great weekend.

barryso

Re: LSAF 2018
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2018, 01:14 pm »
Bump.   :thumb:

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2018, 09:34 pm »
Hey Barry!

Thanks for starting a post on the show.  I can share what my company, AudioThesis, will be hosting at the show:

Rosso Fiorentino - Elba, Certaldo, Pienza, and Siena
MastersounD - BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
North Star Design - Intenso, Supremo, Venti
Harbeth - 30.2
Sonner Audio - Allegro and Legato series
Usher - Mini X
Dayens - Ampino Preamp and Monoblocks
Star Sound Technologies Platforms
Wireworld Cables

Gunny from Sonner Audio will be flying in for the show as will Larry from Wireworld.  Our product lines will be spread across five different rooms.

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2018, 11:24 pm »
Looking forward to seeing it all!

This picture from last year.

:thumb:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Norman Tracy

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2018, 04:12 pm »
The countdown to Lone Star Audio Fest 2018 continues. Polling my sources on the grapevine reveals a lot of exciting kit being staged for demo. Over the coming days I will share what I am learning is in store for attendees.

Starting with my hometown buddy Mike (mlundy57 here on Audio Circle) who now operates as "Uilleam Audio" continues to specialize in GR Research designs implemented using his impeccable woodworking craftsmanship. As shown in these photos from 2017 the MTM Oticas and dual H-Frames will again anchor Mike’s system. New for 2018 is that the system will include* PS Audio Stellar DAC/pre-amp, PS Audion Stellar S300 power amp, along with his tried and true OPPO105D transport, Windows based music server, and PI Audio Group Uber Buss.

* Of course given the nature of audio shows all planned equipment lists are subject to change in search of better sound or reacting to the inevitable glitches of the road.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2018, 01:18 pm »
I tried to reserve an exhibitor room but the Hilton site doesn't show availability.

gab

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2018, 01:53 pm »
I tried to reserve an exhibitor room but the Hilton site doesn't show availability.

Need Help? Online Reservation Assistance (toll free) +1-855-271-3617 Customer Support

gab

« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2018, 01:53 pm »
Rick - what are you bringing to LSAF?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2018, 02:05 pm »
Need Help? Online Reservation Assistance (toll free) +1-855-271-3617 Customer Support

I think they might need to add some more rooms to the block as this happened on the visitor block as well.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2018, 02:47 pm »

I contacted Wayne Parham and he's asking the hotel to add rooms to the block.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2018, 05:54 pm »
The hotel hosting LSAF direct number is 972-234-3300. When Hilton's central customer service center failed as described above I worked with on site staff for my reservation. Use the phone menu to get to the front desk staff and ask to be connected to Trish the Sales Manager. She was very helpful.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2018, 06:05 pm »
The hotel hosting LSAF direct number is 972-234-3300. When Hilton's central customer service center failed as described above I worked with on site staff for my reservation. Use the phone menu to get to the front desk staff and ask to be connected to Trish the Sales Manager. She was very helpful.

Thanks - they already changed the site to add more rooms.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2018, 08:04 pm »
So today we get two LSAF 2018 teasers. Perhaps a bit of a David and Goliath story?

First the welcome news Rick Craig’s Selah Audio is joining the fun this year. I recall requests (even pleadings) from his many fans on AC to exhibit in past years. The direct to audiophile music lover manufacturers that Audio Circle has aided are a valuable option. The most often cited caveat is lack of opportunity to audition their wares so here is your chance.

Second is first time exhibitor Lone Star Audio (lonestaraudiotx.com) a high end 2 channel dealer from Lakeway Texas (near Austin).  Proprietors Jim and Debbie Hench are bringing the big guns in the form of a system including Magico A3 speakers, JL Audio E110 subs, T+A PA 3100 HV integrated amp, Aurender A10 Server/Streamer/DAC, MIT power, speaker and IC cables, Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Tranquility Base and acoustic treatments, and Bel Canto PL1 universal disc player. Jim anticipates also having a JL Audio factory rep there to present a "Why Subs?" presentation and demonstration of the A3's sound with and without the subs.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #13 on: 25 Apr 2018, 11:02 pm »
Denny Brown of Brown Audio Labs is also attending with speakers of his own design powered by Project RPM TT with a Sumiko Pearl Cartridge feeding into Brown Audio Labs SP-1B preamps, both original and new version with improved differential line stage. Power amplification by the legendary Dynaco ST70. You may recall Denny's preamp enjoyed a very favorable review by Dick Olsher in The Absolute Sound the headline "Brown Audio Labs SP-1B Preamplifier Affordable and Damned Good".

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/brown-audio-labs-sp-1b-preamplifier/

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #14 on: 25 Apr 2018, 11:29 pm »
So today we get two LSAF 2018 teasers. Perhaps a bit of a David and Goliath story?

First the welcome news Rick Craig’s Selah Audio is joining the fun this year. I recall requests (even pleadings) from his many fans on AC to exhibit in past years. The direct to audiophile music lover manufacturers that Audio Circle has aided are a valuable option. The most often cited caveat is lack of opportunity to audition their wares so here is your chance.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to it!

barryso

« Reply #15 on: 26 Apr 2018, 12:43 pm »
Rosso Fiorentino - Elba, Certaldo, Pienza, and Siena
MastersounD - BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
North Star Design - Intenso, Supremo, Venti
Harbeth - 30.2
Sonner Audio - Allegro and Legato series
Usher - Mini X
Dayens - Ampino Preamp and Monoblocks
Star Sound Technologies Platforms
Wireworld Cables

Gunny from Sonner Audio will be flying in for the show as will Larry from Wireworld.  Our product lines will be spread across five different rooms.

C'mon Skip.  All that stuff?  That means I have to do some reading up before the show just to have a clue.

'Taint fair.   :)

Norman Tracy

« Reply #16 on: 26 Apr 2018, 08:34 pm »
LSAF would not be complete without Dave Thomson's Raven Audio. As usual Dave will demo with Legacy speakers in his room. His demos last year reinforced my opinion that today's state-of-the-art DSP in the form of Legacy's Wavelet processor is a valuable add. The Raven Legacy roadshow was just included in her "Five Most Significant Introductions" by TAS writer Julie Mullins for their showing at AXPONA.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2018-axpona-show-report-loudspeakers-20k-and-up/

She commented "The 125Wpc Raven Audio Silhouette MK2 monoblocks ($25,995) with eye and ear appeal drove the system. A digital file of McCoy Tyner’s “If I Were a Bell” from Land of Giants had powerful snap on upright bass strings—and quick transient attacks overall—as well as substantial low end. Imaging and timbre on piano and xylophone registered as quite natural-sounding."

Dave also tells me he will be supplying amplification for six (!!!) other exhibitors. This year I vow to get a good audition of his 300B amps.

The Nighthawk offers an entry way to pure tube Raven power for those of us with working man's budgets.

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2018, 05:05 am »
C'mon Skip.  All that stuff?  That means I have to do some reading up before the show just to have a clue.

'Taint fair.   :)

Yes... all that  :D.  I need to reserve the truck and start packing all that gear up.

What you want to really research is the BoX from MastersounD.  It's a stellar integrated that pushes 35 WPC of parallel single ended goodness, has MM phono, remote volume, and only costs $3,000.  Big plus is its designed and built in Italy by MastersounD, so its truly a bargain in today's hifi world.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2018, 05:37 pm »
Yes... all that  :D.  I need to reserve the truck and start packing all that gear up.

What you want to really research is the BoX from MastersounD.  It's a stellar integrated that pushes 35 WPC of parallel single ended goodness, has MM phono, remote volume, and only costs $3,000.  Big plus is its designed and built in Italy by MastersounD, so its truly a bargain in today's hifi world.

Sweet.....

Are these lovelies making a repeat appearance?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #19 on: 27 Apr 2018, 05:42 pm »
I'll be offering special pricing on the demo speakers.