Supercharged SongTowers in spalted bees wing makore - SOLD

jsalk

These speakers were originally built as surround speakers for a SoundScape 8-based home theater.  The customer changed his mind about the finish.  The matching SS8's and SS8C center channel were just sold, but the new owner wanted different surround speakers. 

So these are now available separately.  Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

This spalted bees wing makore veneer is very unique.  The German company that cut it indicated it is the only log they have seen like it in over 60 years.  We purchased all we could and this is the last pair we built with it.  It is now gone and we will likely never be able to duplicate this gorgeous finish. 

The Supercharged SongTowers are $3495 per pair and the very rare spalted bees wing makore veneer adds $200 (discounted from $400) to this pair, for a total of $3695.

They are packed and ready to ship.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2013, 06:48 pm by jsalk »

won ton on

Re: Supercharged SongTowers in spalted bees wing makore
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2013, 08:57 pm »
Wow very nice finish,i think they will sell fast. If i didn't already have HT-2-TL'S i'd buy them.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2013, 11:41 pm »
Wow! Really nice..

From all the pictures and comments here I will be talking to you about some speakers in about a year.

ernest787

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2013, 12:43 am »
I want these soooo badly. No way the wife lets me get two sets of Salks in the same year :(

drumike

Re: Supercharged SongTowers in spalted bees wing makore - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2013, 04:58 am »
I'm the lucky and surprised person who received this set of beautiful SCST speakers. When Jim first posted the owner had changed his mind I wrote an email to him stating my interest in the Song Towers if he would ever split the set up. But I apparently forgot to send it. Then when I saw that they were available because I'm
in California and usually see posts too late and because I can't reply to posts ( haven't ever posted ) I didn't think I had a chance. But I sent the email that I found
unsent previously and to my surprise Jim responded back the next morning. Then reality set in and I had to make the decision to buy them. I've been lurking
on this forum for years and have been dreaming about owning a pair of SALK speakers ever since the HT3s came out but I could never decide on a finish or
which speaker I could afford. Finally, I just couldn't let this opportunity slip away. Sorry for the length of this but I'm still amazed I got them and very amazed
at the wonderful sounds I'm hearing from my CD collection.
Thanks Jim and thanks to all the SALK owners who have posted their impressions and pictures of their new SALKS.

Ace Deprave

Re: Supercharged SongTowers in spalted bees wing makore - SOLD
« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2013, 01:40 pm »
Congratulations and welcome to the family!