Just picked up a minty Marantz 6110 table.....

Wayner

Just picked up a minty Marantz 6110 table.....
« on: 19 Jun 2010, 04:25 pm »
The price was right and it's condition is as new, except for the dust cover that has the usual minuet surface scratches.

This is the bottom of the line for Marantz tables, I believe preceded by the 6100. It has a real nice arm with dead weight anti-skating. The spindle to pivot distance is 215mm so the numbers are the same as a Technics SL-1200 series (as well as other Technics), with an advertised 15mm overhang (I wouldn't use it). It also features a removable head shell and can be run in manual or semi-auto return mode. It also has a nice die-cast platter, but the mat feels way too hard.

Motor seems to be a bit loud when you are right up to it, but fades away as you step back. This would be a nice starter table for a kid or if you wanted to get into vinyl and not spend big bucks. I got this one for a song, and plan on keeping it for sale as I always have people calling me looking for cheap tables (cost wise). Again, I'm really impressed how well preserved this one is.

Wayner

orthobiz

Re: Just picked up a minty Marantz 6110 table.....
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2010, 02:20 am »
My daughter has the 6100. You sent me numbers on the cartridge alignment a while back. Does this one have the same funky arm geometry?

And hers has no damping in the cueing.

Paul

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2010, 02:59 am »
I think that #8 in da' house, for Wayner!

He's truly smitten :wink:

John

Wayner

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2010, 07:29 pm »
My daughter has the 6100. You sent me numbers on the cartridge alignment a while back. Does this one have the same funky arm geometry?

And hers has no damping in the cueing.

Paul

This table has the same pivot to spindle distance as the Technics SL1200. That is 215mm. So I use 18.282 overhang to achieve Lofgren's B curve. I don't remember your table's specs. If you can find out the P to S distance, and it's the same, I'd change the overhang.

I have not mounted a cartridge into this table yet, because I'm waiting for a new belt.

I think that #8 in da' house, for Wayner!

He's truly smitten ;)

John

Yes, that is number 8 (working). I also have 4 in parts. My new Sony PS-X7 will be here tomorrow and I will post photo's (if all arrives in good condition).

Thanks John,

Wayner

raysracing

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2013, 09:22 pm »
I can pick up one locally anytime for under $75. Possibly I could offer far less. Curious to try it. But wonderibg what carrs work best on one? I'd prefer if it worked with a Denon dl103.