Hi Laura,
This Paul Revere and the Raiders IMHO is worthy of

The Left Banke ~ Too.............Sundazed

ACHiPo

Re: P-Mans "Rock and Roll" Vinyl LP page
« Reply #5462 on: 8 Jul 2015, 01:48 am »
Peter Frampton
Frampton Comes Alive

A new (to me) addition--promotion white label, only played a couple times.  Still sounds very much like the 70s, but fun nonetheless.

ACHiPo

« Reply #5463 on: 8 Jul 2015, 02:20 am »
Led Zeppelin
Mothership

Another new addition.  Unfortunately I won't have a chance to get through all the LPs in this set before my conference call in a few minutes, but it sounds like a significant improvement over my pretty thrashed original pressings.

pconley2

« Reply #5464 on: 8 Jul 2015, 04:55 am »

Boy, you guys are making me dig deep into my record collection. After laura posted the Paul Revere and the Raiders, it reminded me that I had this somewhere (happily filed alphabetically) in my collection.  I bought it almost 50 years ago and this is the first time I have looked at it in probably 40 years, turns out to be Mono and in not too bad shape.  It would be nice to have a sonically great copy of some of their great songs.

Phil

brooklyn

« Reply #5465 on: 8 Jul 2015, 04:02 pm »

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #5466 on: 8 Jul 2015, 08:08 pm »

Cream boxed set.
Just picked this up and immediately ran Live Cream and Live II through the RCM. I was curious to find out if they were better than the originals, which are typical '60s live recordings. ie. not so good. I'm happy to report they are infinitely better sounding than the originals. Well, maybe not infinitely, but much better.

Doc

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #5467 on: 9 Jul 2015, 02:33 am »

Yo La Tengo - Painful.  Matador LP.  I snagged this at Princeton Record Exchange a few weeks ago.  Great album.

--Jerome

vinyl_lady

« Reply #5468 on: 9 Jul 2015, 03:08 am »
Boy, you guys are making me dig deep into my record collection. After laura posted the Paul Revere and the Raiders, it reminded me that I had this somewhere (happily filed alphabetically) in my collection.  I bought it almost 50 years ago and this is the first time I have looked at it in probably 40 years, turns out to be Mono and in not too bad shape.  It would be nice to have a sonically great copy of some of their great songs.

Phil

Phil,
I have this one in Mono too. I haven't listened to it in decades, but will clean it and play it soon.

Laura

ACHiPo

« Reply #5469 on: 9 Jul 2015, 12:40 pm »
Steve Earle
Townes

Not sure this belongs on the Rock and Roll page, as I'm still not too sure what kind of music this is, but it's a great record.  Nice review with samples below.

Samples and Review

ACHiPo

« Reply #5470 on: 9 Jul 2015, 12:42 pm »
Aerosmith (self titled)

This one DEFINITELY belongs here!  Kinda hard to believe I didn't already have this in my collection, but I just picked it up last week.  Great record.

pconley2

« Reply #5471 on: 9 Jul 2015, 08:26 pm »
Phil,
I have this one in Mono too. I haven't listened to it in decades, but will clean it and play it soon.

Laura
laura, I hope you enjoy it, while it is easy to make fun of the buffoons they became on Where the Action is, they still put out some fabulous singles, Just like me is as good anything the Kinks or other English groups were putting out at the time and Mike Smith (I think that is his name) ripped off one of the finest guitar solos of rock's early age on Just Like Me.  One of my sources says that they recorded Louie, Louie before the Kingsmen did but put it out later.  in other words, you may be hearing the first rock version of the first song that every bad garage band learned to play  :icon_lol:

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #5472 on: 10 Jul 2015, 12:22 am »

David Bromberg

Devil Doc

« Reply #5473 on: 10 Jul 2015, 12:36 am »

German pressing.

Doc

Devil Doc

« Reply #5474 on: 10 Jul 2015, 01:46 am »

Pablo Cruise: A Place in the Sun

Doc

ACHiPo

« Reply #5475 on: 10 Jul 2015, 12:06 pm »
The Doors
LA Woman

Happy Friday!

ACHiPo

« Reply #5476 on: 10 Jul 2015, 12:08 pm »

David Bromberg

Nice choice, PMan! Great album and great artist!   I saw David several times at the Chance Theater in  Poughkeepsie, NY in the early 80s.  Last I heard he was making violins in Chicago.

pumpkinman

« Reply #5477 on: 10 Jul 2015, 01:28 pm »
Nice choice, PMan! Great album and great artist!   I saw David several times at the Chance Theater in  Poughkeepsie, NY in the early 80s.  Last I heard he was making violins in Chicago.

Never really listened to him much. This LP was in a box of "free" LP's. Really enjoyed and will look for albums by him

pumpkinman

« Reply #5478 on: 10 Jul 2015, 01:29 pm »

Stephen Stills ~ Just Roll Tape

pumpkinman

« Reply #5479 on: 10 Jul 2015, 02:51 pm »

Reign Ghost