Power Block USB cable supply/filter

audioengr

Power Block USB cable supply/filter
« on: 7 Sep 2014, 06:34 pm »
The "Power Block" is a new USB cable filter similar to the Short-Block, but this one also provides DC power to the device.

The Short-Block could not be used with devices that used the +5V power in the USB cable, but the Power Block can be used with these devices.

The Power Block utilizes Hynes regulation technology and similar filtering to the Short-Block, delivering the best of both worlds.  It is ideal for USB interfaces on DACs and USB converters that use the +5V power.  These are typically XMOS-based interfaces and usually those with galvanic isolation such as the Berkeley products.

We have tested the Power Block extensively with our galvanically isolated XMOS-Based USB interface and the performance is off the charts.

The Power Block provides a USB input for your cable from the computer and a short USB umbilical cable that plugs to the DAC or USB converter.  It is powered from AC and can be configured for 117VAC or 230VAC.  Cabinetry is silver with Overdrive-type front-panel.  A 14 gauge shielded cord is available to use with it for $16 more.

We can take orders by email and PayPal for the Power Block. $899.00 plus shipping and PayPal fee. Just email us.  30-day money-back, less shipping guarantee.  This is the best of these types of devices on the market.  Incredible sound quality.

Thanks,
Steve N.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2018, 06:15 pm by audioengr »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: New USB cable filter, powered
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2014, 07:02 pm »
Glad I have a stellar dac that doesn't use 5Vdc via USB. 

audioengr

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2014, 07:07 pm »
Glad I have a stellar dac that doesn't use 5Vdc via USB.

Galvanic isolation on the USB interface can be a big advantage if implemented right, and that requires power from the USB cable or an alternative source.  USB cable power simply sucks.... :duh:

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2014, 10:52 pm »
Hey Steve,

I assume this is bit perfect, and will pass DSD? Send me one to try :)

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2014, 01:27 am »
Hey Steve,

I assume this is bit perfect, and will pass DSD? Send me one to try :)

This does not change the data in the USB cable.  Email me.

Steve N.

Eugene2

Re: Power Block USB cable supply/filter
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2014, 08:43 pm »
Will this work improve usb interface of the PS Audio DSD

audioengr

Re: Power Block USB cable supply/filter
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2014, 05:24 pm »
Will this work improve usb interface of the PS Audio DSD

I believe so.  If it doesn't improve things just ship it back for refund, less shipping.

Steve N.