Anyone know of a place that can diagnose and repair a tube amp in Seattle area?

mca

Just bought a used Allnic T1500 and there is no sound or bias in the left channel  :?

sfox7076

What is it doing?  I mean are tubes lighting up?  I would check the resistors with an ohm meter.  It is likely a bad cap or a bad resistor.

mca

Both tubes light and I tried spares as well along with a new fuse. I'm not comfortable poking around inside, but I had a look under the cover and did not see anything that stood out visually.

Angaria

There's this dude up in Phinney ridge area with about 50,000 tubes in his basement that I think used to be the official guy for VAC.  Trying to remember his name, but maybe someone else will chime in - he's very talented and one of the few options for this in Seattle.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Call Hawthorne Stereo at 206-522-9609. If they can't fix it, they will know who can.

JakeJ

Northwest Audio Service, 7614 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103.  Phone: (206) 728-0369

Incredibly high rating on Yelp.  Worth checking out.

mca

sfox7076

I was the same way for a long time.  But, well, the resistor checks are easy.  Caps are a bit tougher.  Good luck.  If you find the dude with the 50,000 tubes in his basement, send all the CBS tubes my way...

gongos

Call Hawthorne Stereo at 206-522-9609. If they can't fix it, they will know who can.

Mike this is Tyson. Do not go to Hawthorne audio. It was the worst audio experience of my life. The guy they use for tube amp repair sucks and they won't stand behind their work. If you want the details let me know, but they're awful.

dgotlse

How did it finally turn out ? I have the same amplifier and the same problem too (sound stops on the left side once the amplifier is hot).

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Mike this is Tyson. Do not go to Hawthorne audio. It was the worst audio experience of my life. The guy they use for tube amp repair sucks and they won't stand behind their work. If you want the details let me know, but they're awful.

Tyson, you look so different.  :lol:

No kidding? I've never done business with them, but I was told by someone (don't recall whom) that they're a great shop. Okay. I will not recommend that place again. Thanks!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
I will add this name for Pacific North West service in Portland Oregon    https://classictubeaudio.com/blog/  .  I have traded some emails when I though I would need some work.  And I might add there are some very interesting video's

You can read all about the owner who has a new sideline.

http://www.whammerdyne.com/index.php   A single ended 2A3 Triode amp.  I haven't heard it but it is SEXY  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I am no affiliated with the above named company's just passing through audio nirvana

ElliottStudio

• Industry Participant
  • I do it because I love to.
    • Elliott Studio Arts
Have you found someone yet to look at your amp?

mca

I did, I can now highly recommend Pat at Classic Tube Audio in Camas, WA.