FS: SALK BUILT MONITOR - PULSAR $1800

Gatto127

FS: SALK BUILT MONITOR - PULSAR $1800
« on: 2 May 2015, 03:32 pm »

The primary motivation behind these speakers:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/joseph-audio-pulsar-loudspeaker

Jim Salk built me the boxes in Walnut. I am primarily selling these as I already have a pair of Cary Audio silver oaks - purchased locally. These speakers are like bookshelves of the Cary Audio Silver Oaks. I am solid audiocircle member - I have sold and bought a lot of gear here and provide lifetime friendly chatty service, if you buy any of my 'creations'. I have reduced the price to 1800$ plus shipping.

A serious audiophile friend of mine who reviews speakers in various forums  said "they produced sweet treble, a neutral midrange, giant deep bass, and a focused sound stage for a natural, involving overall sound. For tiny bookshelves, they had the immense size and presence of a giant floorstanders." For me - the sound so natural - like Diana Krall is in the room with me, or Al Di Meolo's guitars are right in front of me. Very much at home with Daft Punk as well as Ann Sophie Mutter. Enjoys a tube like amplifier more than a muscle amplifier with tonnes of watts! I recommend Schiit's Vidar!

Bottom line : There is no need for a subwoofer. These are the real POCKET HERCULES of audiophile speakers.

The part numbers for the drivers are:
Tweeter
T25CF-002

Woofer
W16NX-001-04

The crossovers are built using Goertz coil and ClarityCap ESA caps.

The speakers are 4 ohm nominal impedance, 89.5 Db sensitivity and 100 watts power handling.

They are small - 14 x 12 x 10.

I am including images. Jim Salk built me the boxes in 1 inch thick mdf with 1.5 inch baffle. If anyone is interested, I can make these available for $1800 Plus shipping. The speakers are around 40 pounds each - so shipping costs could be pretty high. I am located at 11103

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. I would love to hear views.

« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2019, 03:47 pm by Gatto127 »

rocker9999

Re: FS: Piano Black Seas Magnesium Custom Built Monitors
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2016, 12:33 am »
Hello,

I am probably late to the game - but have you sold these yet?

2oldcranks

Re: FS: SALK SOUND Custom Monitors SEAS Drivers
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2018, 04:30 pm »
Beautiful speakers,where are you located?

Gatto127

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2019, 03:00 pm »
I am relisting these. They are not in mint condition, but with some small blemishes from normal use. I Am motivated to sell these as I need the space with an addition to the family. Will post more pictures showing minor difficult to photograph blemishes. I have reduced the price to 1800$ plus shipping. The kit will cost more on Madisound speaker store. I think these are the best compact speakers I have heard and they are barely broken in.

Gatto127

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2019, 07:14 pm »

Gatto127

Re: FS: SALK BUILT PULSAR $1800
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2019, 03:46 pm »
Bump!

freesole

Re: FS: SALK BUILT MONITOR - PULSAR $1800
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2019, 10:26 pm »
Very nice, I thought these looked like pulsars from first glance. Have you heard the Joseph Audio's before and if so, how do these compare?

gab

Re: FS: SALK BUILT MONITOR - PULSAR $1800
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2019, 10:34 pm »
Did Murphy design the crossover for these? Or who did really. GLWS