Bryston Loudspeakers

Christo22

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2540 on: 24 Apr 2017, 10:48 am »
Great actually. You guys did a great job with that series.
MR60 however were I would say 6 inches to high.
MR50 might have been better.
MIDDLE Ts have that 6 inches less right out the box.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2541 on: 24 Apr 2017, 11:49 am »
Great actually. You guys did a great job with that series.
MR60 however were I would say 6 inches to high.
MR50 might have been better.
MIDDLE Ts have that 6 inches less right out the box.

Ok the smallest room I have used the Model T in is 13 x 11 x 8 and I used the long wall.  Here is a pic of that setup:

This is a Active system.

It worked well but I ended up using some tube traps in the corners behind the speakers.

I assume you like a higher soundstage based on your speaker stand remarks so the Model T will certainly give you that effect as they act like a line source.  The dispersion from the Model T's is very good so once you get back about 6 feet all the drivers integrate very well so even though the tweeters are high they will sound very balanced.

My only concern is bass build up in the room so in that regard the Middle T's will sound very similar to the Mini T but with a little more bass articulation and less distortion through the bass range due to the double woofer.

james

Christo22

« Reply #2542 on: 24 Apr 2017, 01:32 pm »
Alright.
I'm also using the long wall and I’m indeed at approx 6-7 feet from the drivers.
Just in case, I will make certain to ask for the PORT PLUGS.
And will play with my acoustic panels (absorption) setup.
Bottom line and if I read you well, you don’t see any problem going big with the MODEL T right?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2543 on: 24 Apr 2017, 05:27 pm »
Alright.
I'm also using the long wall and I’m indeed at approx 6-7 feet from the drivers.
Just in case, I will make certain to ask for the PORT PLUGS.
And will play with my acoustic panels (absorption) setup.
Bottom line and if I read you well, you don’t see any problem going big with the MODEL T right?

Only the concern about bass but if you have the flexibility of placement and treatment you should be fine.

Let me know when you order and I will try to speed it up for you.

james

gene9p

« Reply #2544 on: 27 Apr 2017, 07:49 pm »
Still singing .......with apologies to Montreal fans and Ottawa fans shortly.... lol

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2545 on: 27 Apr 2017, 08:42 pm »
Wow - what a great setup !

james

yvolpe

« Reply #2546 on: 10 May 2017, 08:52 pm »
Hi
I'm the proud owner of a pair of A2. For a center channel which one is better for a tone match with the A2. The Ac1 mini or the Ac1 micro ?

Thanks

Yves

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2547 on: 10 May 2017, 09:04 pm »
Hi
I'm the proud owner of a pair of A2. For a center channel which one is better for a tone match with the A2. The Ac1 mini or the Ac1 micro ?

Thanks

Yves

Hi Yves - the AC1 Mini.

How do you like the A2's?

james

yvolpe

« Reply #2548 on: 10 May 2017, 09:50 pm »
Thanks Mr. Tanner for your quick response. I like my A2 very much. Good base, large sound stage.I really enjoy them!

Yves

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2549 on: 10 May 2017, 10:48 pm »
Thanks Mr. Tanner for your quick response. I like my A2 very much. Good base, large sound stage.I really enjoy them!

Yves

Hi Yves

Great!  I think they are exceptional  :thumb:

James

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #2550 on: 14 May 2017, 05:29 pm »
James,

I have just started getting serious about two channel audio after several years of being sidetracked by home theater (now HT system is complete 7.2.4). I have been reading so many Bryston threads and reviews that it's all starting to blur.

Two quick questions. Will the Middle T be available active (nice name as I did polyoma virus research in grad school and the middle T gene was part of my dissertation)? Second, will Bryston be at Captal Audiofest this year?

Thanks,
Steve

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2551 on: 14 May 2017, 07:22 pm »
James,

I have just started getting serious about two channel audio after several years of being sidetracked by home theater (now HT system is complete 7.2.4). I have been reading so many Bryston threads and reviews that it's all starting to blur.

Two quick questions. Will the Middle T be available active (nice name as I did polyoma virus research in grad school and the middle T gene was part of my dissertation)? Second, will Bryston be at Captal Audiofest this year?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve

Yes we have had some demand for a Middle T Active and we just finished this last week writing the software for the Middle T in the anechoic chamber for the BAX crossover.

We are in Munich next week and LA the week (with the debut of the Active Middle T) then Rocky Mountain and Toronto in October.

james

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #2552 on: 14 May 2017, 11:25 pm »

Hi Steve

Yes we have had some demand for a Middle T Active and we just finished this last week writing the software for the Middle T in the anechoic chamber for the BAX crossover.

We are in Munich next week and LA the week (with the debut of the Active Middle T) then Rocky Mountain and Toronto in October.

james

Thanks James, I think I will try to make AXPONA next year. An active Middle T could be one sweet speaker!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2553 on: 14 May 2017, 11:40 pm »
Thanks James, I think I will try to make AXPONA next year. An active Middle T could be one sweet speaker!

Hi

Yes until you hear what a good Active system can do you do not know what your missing  :thumb:

james

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #2554 on: 14 May 2017, 11:52 pm »
Hi

Yes until you hear what a good Active system can do you do not know what your missing  :thumb:

james

I agree completely! My HT speakers are diy JBL/dbx/Crown three way active speakers, the sound in phenomenal. But for two channel system I want a level of refinement that only true expertise can deliver.

witchdoctor

« Reply #2555 on: 15 May 2017, 01:04 am »
Hi

james

I was really lucky when I was just getting into the hobby I read a really good review on a pair of active speakers and got a pair. Then I decided to go 5.1 and now 14.1, all active. Each speaker is individually biamped internally. I would have had to buy 28 channels of amplification with passive speakers to even begin to replicate this. If you have a choice go the active route :thumb:
You end up having more flexibility, not less and will save tons of cash on amps and speaker cables.

I was watching Roger Waters The Wall yesterday in Dolby Atmos. Playing it at concert levels was so incredibly lifelike. There is a scene near the end of the concert where "the wall" comes crashing down and with all of that power in the active system it was like an earthquake in a condo.

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #2556 on: 15 May 2017, 06:14 pm »
Three active Middle T's with four active Mini T's would be incredible. :o

witchdoctor

« Reply #2557 on: 15 May 2017, 08:26 pm »
Three active Middle T's with four active Mini T's would be incredible. :o

+1 The Mini T already goes down to 33 hz, an active version would definitely go down below 30 hz giving it potential bass extension of a floor stander in a fairly small package.

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #2558 on: 5 Jun 2017, 05:14 pm »
James,

Will there be an active Mini T in the future?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2559 on: 5 Jun 2017, 05:15 pm »
James,

Will there be an active Mini T in the future?

HI

I am thinking about it depending on how things go with the Model T and Middle Active versions.

james