Your daily driver :)

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: Your daily driver :)
« Reply #40 on: 10 Jun 2011, 02:14 pm »
mitsuman, w/your avatar, you need to get rid of all the detroit iron and get one of these:

:green:

doug s.

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #41 on: 10 Jun 2011, 08:39 pm »
mitsuman, w/your avatar, you need to get rid of all the detroit iron and get one of these:

:green:

doug s.

My avatar pertains to Diatone/Mitsubishi vintage audio gear, not their automobiles.  :wink:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #42 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm »
My avatar pertains to Diatone/Mitsubishi vintage audio gear, not their automobiles.  :wink:
i knew that!   :lol:

for the past 9 months my daily driver (even tho i walk to work a lot) has been a 2008 kia cee'd 1.6.  this car, sold only in europe, and made in slovakia, is certainly a lot nicer to drive than the 2004 honda civic that my wife owns...  and w/stop-n-go driving, averaging ~32mpg ain't too bad either, especially w/gas near $8/gallon here...

doug s.

Eric

« Reply #43 on: 13 Jun 2011, 12:49 pm »
2010 Highlander or 2008 Mazda Miata

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #44 on: 14 Jun 2011, 05:02 am »
Well....for the last 11 years I've been driving a 1988 Toyota Camry....I use it for work...dents and all.

But....at 185,000 miles the tranny went again...not worth fixing. :cry:

So....after spending the last six weeks renting many different compact cars (one per week to "audition")...finally picked up a new work car a few days ago....fits my needs perfectly... :beer:

A KIA Soul ! (Exclaim) ......You can get with this ...or...you can get with that... :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #45 on: 14 Jun 2011, 05:25 am »
excellent choice, lonewolf; it's what i would choose also, now that there are no gen-1 scion xb's being made!   :wink:

doug s.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #46 on: 14 Jun 2011, 05:28 am »
An inspired choice, lonewolfyChris  :thumb:

Trans Am

« Reply #47 on: 13 Nov 2011, 04:05 am »
Here's my Dad's truck. '05 Chevy 2500 Silverado.

milford3

« Reply #48 on: 13 Nov 2011, 04:12 am »
My ride while at work.

« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2014, 05:24 am by milford3 »

Trans Am

« Reply #49 on: 13 Nov 2011, 04:23 am »
He's comin' for ya!!     :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gopher

« Reply #50 on: 13 Nov 2011, 04:25 am »

A rolling shot of my baby in motion.  2003 BMW 540i.

I've loved the car, but on Tuesday its getting traded in for an Infiniti G37x.  I'm not excited for the move, but the Bimmer is getting to be a pain to maintain at 114k.

One more

Trans Am

« Reply #51 on: 13 Nov 2011, 04:29 am »
Sad sad...  :cry:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #52 on: 13 Nov 2011, 05:54 am »
Nice John.   :thumb:

We don't have the diesel option here in the States.

A Mini Cooper S is a possible next car for me.  But so is a BMW 1 series or an older 3 or 5 series, or maybe a little GTI...

Until the time comes when I am ready to pony up the cash, my everyday driver will remain a very unspectacular, but very reliable 1999 Toyota Camry.

George

Well, I didn't go with any of the choices above...instead I went with a new 2011 335i with Xdrive.

I have had her for just around 3 months and I am loving it!! 

Having a car like this has renewed my spirit to drive.  :thumb:  Heck, even my under 10 mile commute to work is fun and enjoyable (I found some twisty back roads).

Tomorrow the snows go on.  But if I am to believe all the reviews and comments, they might be better tires than the stock run flats!   :scratch:

George

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #53 on: 13 Nov 2011, 03:35 pm »
based on friend's experiences w/bmw's, you should count your blessings that you made it that far, before "maintenance" expenses started taking their toll.  :lol:  recently, my daughter needed a cheap (~$5k) car to replace the one that had an incident w/bambi.  we were looking at cars in the +/- ten year old range, +/- 100k miles.  we really wanted another mazda protege, to replace the one she had.  what we were amazed at was how many bmw's were in this price range, along w/all the asian cars like corollas, hondas, mazdas, etc.  but, thinking about it a nano-second, i know why.   :wink:

don't worry gopher; i think you will enjoy the infiniti a ton.  i know that if i were in the market for a car in that range, a 6sp manual g37 would be at the top of my list.  the bmw's are far too unreliable, w/far too many computerized gadgets for my taste.  and, your bmw body style was the last one that looked nice - how a car could go from being so handsome to so bizarre in one model change is beyond me.   :o

enjoy the new ride!   :thumb:

doug s.

A rolling shot of my baby in motion.  2003 BMW 540i.

I've loved the car, but on Tuesday its getting traded in for an Infiniti G37x.  I'm not excited for the move, but the Bimmer is getting to be a pain to maintain at 114k.

One more

motorcitym3

« Reply #54 on: 13 Nov 2011, 05:47 pm »
Another 5 series here.  Luckily I haven't had any major issues in 85,000 miles.

squalor

« Reply #55 on: 2 Dec 2011, 05:50 am »

Here's my daily driver until I get my truck fixed. It's a '93 Mazda RX7 with a aluminum V8 from a 2001 Camaro Z28. The LS1 has a vette Z06 cam & springs, better rod bolts and a underdrive pulley to help clear the radiator. It has the Z28 6 speed transmission with a 12" clutch and light flywheel. The swap parts came from Hinson Supercars and Samburg Rod&Custom. For tunez, it's got a old skool Alpine 7897 HU and Boston speakers. I plan to add a 4 channel amp to make use of the Alpine's active Xover. I own Adire Extremis 6.4 and MaxFidelity neo1.3 that I plan to mount in the doors. It's pretty fast.

mcgsxr

« Reply #56 on: 2 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm »
Love the motor swap!

Those Extremis will be deep, and you will need trim rings to clear the windows unless you kick panel them - either way, potentially some fiberglass work for pods etc.

I have some of the Max gear too.

stlrman

« Reply #57 on: 2 Dec 2011, 03:09 pm »
I am driving a 2003 LEXUS RX 300   SUV.
I love it overall ! Great in the snow! Great for road trips. I feel safe with my 5 year old daughter strapped in the back. Has a heavy ride which is good for not feeling the potholes. Very reliable so far. I bought it used with 50,00 miles on it.
 I don't love that it guzzles gas. It has very poor turning radius. Sometimes I wish I had a car that really handles for city driving. I like to drive a bit aggressive, and a medium sized SUV is not great for aggressive handling.

Gopher

« Reply #58 on: 2 Dec 2011, 03:34 pm »
Another 5 series here.  Luckily I haven't had any major issues in 85,000 miles.

Those gunmetal CSL reps make that car.  What suspension do you have on that?   

Secksie!!

Eric

« Reply #59 on: 1 May 2012, 05:43 pm »
Replaced the Miata with this:

2010 Heritage Soft Tail with only 3000 miles and loaded with upgrades