Bent Audio AVC-1 (Slagleformer) Remote Control Passive Linestage

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
Yes, I've decided to sell this wondrous piece in order to upgrade. It was one of John Chapman's last AVC-1 Kits. But it is really a kit in name only. The majority of it was already assembled, just a few screws and signal wire soldered in and done. This unit is in 8-9/10 condition. There is no manual. I am not sure whether I have the box it came in or not, but it wasn't a "factory" box anyway. It will be well packed. Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, this was purchased at full price from John.

It is a fantastic linestage--everything I said about it is true--and I will miss it dearly. I wish I could keep it and be able to afford another preamp too, but sadly, that is not possible for me.

Asking price is $1325.00  (Sale only to lower 48 states of the USA. US Postal money order or Pay Pal +3.5%. Shipping via FedEx Ground to lower 48 is included at the asking price. I will be at AXPONA and could hand deliver if someone would like that option.)

I believe my Audiogon and AA feedback is all good. I've only posted it on AC for now.

I will post pictures later. (Oh and I reserve the right to change my mind and not sell it!  :?)

Thanks for looking!
Gary

mikeeastman

Is this a balanced or unbalanced unit?

Big Red Machine

Highly recommended. Can't wait to see the photos.

gbeard

Unbalanced.

gbeard

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
My reference preamp, it has survived 4 years. Fantastic unit! And this is a good price for the unbalanced/single ended version. Somebody grab it before gbeard comes to his senses!

Best,
Anand.

Big Red Machine

I have the Mini-tap version and love it.

gbeard

Thanks BRM and Anand!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 7 Apr 2017, 01:50 am by gbeard »

gbeard

Price lowered to $1,250.00 including shipping to lower 48.

Come on now, don't make me pull this ad!  :nono: :)

gbeard

Sold. :cry: