Great deal on floor standing speakers.

Danny Richie

Great deal on floor standing speakers.
« on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:17 pm »
Your choice of the Carnegie Acoustics CST-1 floor standing speakers or the Pedestale's for only $900 a pair.

The Pedestale's

These speakers are beautiful!

Packaging looks good too.

Then as I pulled away the packing material there was that nice looking velour bag with the Carnegie Acoustics name embroidery on it.   

Pictures just do not do these justice. The high gloss black is simply stunning.

And here it is with the grill on. The grills are held on magnetically of coarse.

And the back side allows a view of the passive radiator.

Here is a closer look at that PR.

And here is a close up of the drivers.

The Electra Cable tube connectors are located on the bottom of the speaker. The speaker comes with rollers to make moving them around easy. The also come with some really nice floor spikes that replace the rollers. They even include a small wrench for removing and installing the rollers and floor spikes.

These things are just top notch from top to bottom. All of the internals are good quality parts as well.

And market research has showed that wives love the look of these speakers. So if you want a really great sounding speaker, that looks really nice, that can be placed near a rear wall, and the wife will love, then these might be your speakers. And they are 70% off of retail!!!

The CTS-1

The CST-1 is a floor standing speaker that was based off of our N3 kit design. It uses the BG Neo tweeter with deep back cups. It also uses a pair of 5.25" paper cone woofers based off of our M-130 design. The speaker is 8 ohms and has 89db sensitivity. It is a rear terminated transmission line design tuned to 44Hz.

These have a black gloss finish that looks really nice. And the speakers are well packed and covered with a velour embroidered bag.

The cabinets were suppose to be lined with a resonance control sheet that is an asphalt/vinyl based damper. But not all of the cabinet contained this material. And the cabinets were missing most of the polyfill.

Here is what needs to be done to them by the customer. Simply remove the woofers and install the additional polyfill or fiberglass insulation. You can also glue in some additional damping material like vinyl floor tiles or something if need. You could even line them with No Rez if you really want to take them up a notch.

Everything else about these speaker are great. Good quality crossover parts were used and they even have tube connectors instead of binding posts. The finish is awesome and they even have magnetically held on grills. They even come with floor spikes. :thumb:

Your choice $900 a pair. Call now 940-592-3400

SetterP

• Dual-Channel Zealot
Re: Great deal on floor standing speakers.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2015, 10:04 pm »
Danny-

Do you still have access to the center channels and monitors that match these speakers (the ones shown in the sticky)?

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2015, 10:23 pm »
Danny-

Do you still have access to the center channels and monitors that match these speakers (the ones shown in the sticky)?

I even have them in stock.

SetterP

• Dual-Channel Zealot
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2015, 10:45 pm »
Thanks Danny.

I'm in the process of selling my house, and ironically the buyer included my HT in the purchase agreement.  I will be starting from the ground up, and this looks like an easy way to put some high quality 5 channel audio back into my life quickly, and for a great price no-less.  I'd love to build out a HT from your N-kits, but unfortunately it will be a while before my wood shop gets back online.

I'm assuming the centers and surrounds are in stock for both the pedestale's and the cts-1's?

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2015, 04:11 pm »
Thanks Danny.

I'm in the process of selling my house, and ironically the buyer included my HT in the purchase agreement.  I will be starting from the ground up, and this looks like an easy way to put some high quality 5 channel audio back into my life quickly, and for a great price no-less.  I'd love to build out a HT from your N-kits, but unfortunately it will be a while before my wood shop gets back online.

I'm assuming the centers and surrounds are in stock for both the pedestale's and the cts-1's?

I have stock on all of the Carnegie line except for the CSB-1's (the small mini monitors with the BG tweeter).

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2018, 11:33 pm »
The CST-1's can be ordered online now.

http://gr-research.com/cst-1.aspx

These are still an incredible value, and I still have quite a few pairs available.