Phono stage with volume control

olesno

Phono stage with volume control
« on: 14 Sep 2016, 06:37 pm »
For the last few months I've been a proud and happy owner of a pair of Golden Maraschino mono blocks.  Initially I used them with a tube preamp and a separate phono stage to take advantage of my turn table.  Recently I ditched the preamp as I think that feeding the Cherries directly from my CD player with volume control is much more revealing and musical.  My phono stage has no volume control, so I can't use it with the Cherries anymore and will have to sell it as well.  The only way I can still use my turntable is to use a phono stage that has volume control and feeds the Cherries directly.  Any advise ?  In the past I used PS Audio GCPH which was very good and inexpensive.  This might be my only reasonable option but I am also looking for other suggestions.

sturgus

Re: Phono stage with volume control
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2016, 10:36 pm »
Take a look at the Graham Slee Accennsion. If you join the forum you can do a 2 week loan for just the price of shipping. I tried one and ended up buying it. It's a very, very nice phonostage.

https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/phono-preamps/accession-mm-phono-preamp.html
Sturgus

md92468

Re: Phono stage with volume control
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2016, 07:21 am »
For the last few months I've been a proud and happy owner of a pair of Golden Maraschino mono blocks.  Initially I used them with a tube preamp and a separate phono stage to take advantage of my turn table.  Recently I ditched the preamp as I think that feeding the Cherries directly from my CD player with volume control is much more revealing and musical.  My phono stage has no volume control, so I can't use it with the Cherries anymore and will have to sell it as well.  The only way I can still use my turntable is to use a phono stage that has volume control and feeds the Cherries directly.  Any advise ?  In the past I used PS Audio GCPH which was very good and inexpensive.  This might be my only reasonable option but I am also looking for other suggestions.

I believe the new Schiit Jotunheim would fit that bill...