Dynamic Design Speaker Cables!

modwright

Dynamic Design Speaker Cables!
« on: 19 Mar 2011, 01:16 am »
I am often asked what cables I prefer and what works well with our equipment.

Well, I have recently had the pleasure of auditioning the brilliant Dynamic Design 'SE' speaker cables ($1800/6ft. pair).

If these fit your budget, you WILL be well rewarded with exceptional resolution, dynamics and a 'window into the music'.

We have been Q/C'ing and doing listening tests with our new KWA 150 'Signature Edition' amps lately, feeding our Reference Daedalus Ulysses speakers and I have to say that these speaker cables are exceptionally musical AND transparent.

My hat is off to the design team at Dynamic Design!

http://www.dynamicdesignav.com

Thanks,

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2011, 04:53 am by modwright »

Phil A

Re: Dynamic Design Speaker Cables!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2011, 01:23 am »
Dan - is this the link?  http://www.dynamicdesignav.com/

dodgealum

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2011, 06:50 pm »
Thanks, Dan for the info on the new Dynamic Design speaker cables. For folks looking for an outstanding speaker cable at a lower price point the Dynamic Design Lotus Series are quite remarkable and worth a close look. I ran them against Empirical Design ED-213, Soundstring's Latest and JPS Labs SC-3 and in my system I preferred the DD Lotus overall. It is nice to know that there is now an upgrade path within the line when funds allow.  For me though the new DD speaker cables will have to wait--I'm saving my pennies for the SE upgrade on my KWA-150!

Wig

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2011, 03:05 am »
I've owned the DD cables and in my system they were inferior to JPS SC3 & Morrow MA4/6 SP4/6. I now have Clarity Cables and they are the best cable I have ever heard! The DD cables were soft and veiled.

Wig :)

modwright

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2011, 07:09 pm »
As always your mileage may vary.  I have found the DD cables to be EXCEPIONAL!

Dan W.

roadkingraw

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2011, 09:59 pm »
Wig,
funny that you would mention Clarity Cables.  I own Z-cable interconnects and speaker cables which as you may know was Mark Hampton's brainchild prior to Z-cable being sold to become Clarity.  I have to agree, they are the best sounding cables and interconnects I have yet to hear and test very well on the bench too.  I met Mark when I lived in Wichita and after he visited my house with his cables, the Transparent Audio Ultras that were in my system were replaced and never found their way back into my system.  Mark had some great designs and I am also happy to report that they match up very well to Dan's equipment.  I was fortunate to have both XLR and single ended cables so I am flip flopping back and forth to see if I can hear the difference.  If people only knew how good these cables are.

Dan, thanks for your input on cables.  I know I always ask when I see you about what you like. 
Randy

Wig

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2011, 11:46 pm »
Roadkinggraw,

Good to hear replies on other Z and Clarity Cables users. The midrange presence of these cables are truly world class, it's like listening to vinyl.

Wig :thumb:

roadkingraw

« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2011, 04:21 pm »
Wig,
I was just fortunate enuf to live in Wichita when I met Mark.  I spent many hours at his house listening to his equipment and cables.  Unfortunately after his stroke he had to sell the business.  He spent hours of research and listening to cables to perfect his design.  His basement was a treasure trove of cables and powercords.  Unfortunately, they were all usually cut in half and stripped down so he could discover the best of all of them. 

roadkingraw

« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2011, 09:01 pm »
Bill,
thanks for the insight.  I hope that you do not think I was agreeing with Wig regarding your cables.  Just expressing opinions on the Zcable that is unfortunately no longer in production.  I can honestly say, without a doubt, that if Dan (Modwright) is suggesting/recommending cables that compliment his gear, then I am 100% sure that it does.  Once again, as suggested, mileage does vary.  Everyone hears things quite differently and in the world where some things are CNO (Cost No Object) there are some pretty remarkable claims.  I have always been in the thought of trying to find the "Law of Diminishing Returns" when it comes to audio equipment.  Not only does it keep money in my pocket, it still allows me to grin ear to ear when I sit down to listen.
Randy

jhm731

« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2011, 09:40 pm »
I don't see the Dynamic Design 'SE' speaker cables listed on their website.

dynamicd

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2011, 10:46 pm »
Hello Randy,

You're absolved of any culpability. :icon_lol:

jhm731,

Sorry, we're working on updating the website as we speak, but the Type SE speaker does exist. Pls PM me for more info if you need it.

Bill
bill@dynamicdesignav.com

jhm731

« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2011, 12:44 am »
Hello Randy,

You're absolved of any culpability. :icon_lol:

jhm731,

Sorry, we're working on updating the website as we speak, but the Type SE speaker does exist. Pls PM me for more info if you need it.

Bill
bill@dynamicdesignav.com

How about a SE picture while we wait for the update?

dynamicd

« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2011, 04:13 am »
jhm731,

Below is the picture of the Type SE speaker cable, it is not the best picture I've ever seen but it'll have to do for now pending a reshoot, it was shot with an analog camera. The Type SE stereo pair features four separate legs of + and - with each leg about 0.20" in diameter, the production version uses Rhodium plated connectors in place of the gold in the picture.

dynamicd

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2011, 04:28 am »
ooops! Sorry it didn't load, maybe because it's a big file. I'll try to save it as a low rez jpg and repost.

Bill

dynamicd

« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2011, 04:49 am »
Here it is finally!

jhm731

« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2011, 06:14 am »
Gee, that really looks like speakers cables I'd pay $1800./6'pair for. :lol:

Got these for $60.(looks like you're using the same spades) on Agon:

Why are yours better?

dynamicd

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2011, 03:18 pm »
Jhm731,
I can’t speak to the type of spades used on the cable in your picture, the Lotus Type SE (TSE) speaker cable uses Furutech FP-201 (R) spades and FP-202 (R) Bananas standard, these run about $20+ each. The least expensive of the three processes each TSE set undergoes alone cost over $200, and these are our negligible costs.  All of our designs utilize extensive R&D, cutting edge materials and processes that we believe make their performance unattainable in cables costing vastly more. We don’t skimp on any part of our products, from our high purity conductors, to our high performance shields, to our high speed insulators and, to our connector choices, fidelity is paramount. DD products are a lot more than a sum of their parts.
Despite all these, we believe that system synergy and customer preference play a major role in determining which cables work best in any given system. This is why we encourage trial of DD products in your own system keeping in mind that the DD design mandate is that DD products bring you closer to the original recording with a natural and musically accurate performance.
Bill

jhm731

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2011, 06:14 pm »
Bill,

Thanks for the information.

I'll read up on MLIS™,HPBM™,UHPBM™,UMLS™.RCML™,Dynamic Shielding™ and GIT™.

modwright

« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2011, 04:11 pm »
Please note that I have removed a few posts from this thread that were of an argumentative nature and did not contribute to the tone of an open debate.

I did not remove 'only negative' posts about the product that I personally endorsed.  Rather, I deleted posts that did not, in my opinion, serve the purpose of positive information sharing.

I have no vested interest in this cable company.  I simply take the opportunity to endorse products that I feel are worthy of mention.  I serve to gain NOTHING from doing so.  This is done, obviously, in the context of which products work well with our own gear.  I am often asked which cable, speaker, etc., work well with our products.

My apologies to the posters who found their posts removed.  You may of course PM me about this off-line.

Thank you,

Dan W.

dynamicd

« Reply #19 on: 5 Jun 2011, 04:21 pm »
Posting new pictures of the Lotus Type SE speaker cables.

Bill