AXPONA - two views

ricko01

AXPONA - two views
« on: 14 Apr 2018, 09:21 pm »
Interesting how two "professional" reviewers have a different take on the Bryston room.

reviewer 1:

"In a system that featured the world premiere of Bryston's 24B Cubed 6-Channel (300W times two, plus 75W times four) amplifier (est. $10,995), Bryston's "get down to business" sound was intriguingly disembodied, with a lively top, somewhat dry midrange, and less than perfectly controlled bass."

reviewer 2:

"Here at the show Bryston has assembled one of their six-channel actively-driven and DSP-controlled 2-channel speaker systems. That may sound confusing at first, but to sit and listen to this all-Bryston offering is to have everything clearly displayed in front of you in a field of sound that is expertly measured and precise."

Granted they might not have heard the same music being played but still... the difference in their experience is telling.

Its hard to reconcile one saying the sound was "disembodied" and the other "precise"

No wonder us audiophiles argue about "stuff" all the time.

Peter

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: AXPONA - two views
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2018, 09:24 pm »
Hi Peter

Who where the two reviewers?

James

ricko01

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2018, 09:41 pm »
Hi Peter

James

Herb Reichert  (Stereophile web site)  had the negative view and Eric Franklin Shook had the positive view (part-time audiophile website).

We could say (?) that Herb is a professional and Eric is semi-pro but its not for me to say that just cause Herb is from Stereophile  that his opinions are more valid than Eric's

Peter

ricko01

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2018, 09:48 pm »
Hi Peter

James

I see you referenced Eric's views in your show blog...

TJ-Sully

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2018, 12:38 am »
Herb's gotta be smoking something.  :scratch: I have 300 watts of Bryston power running my passive Mini T's and the bass is tightly controlled man. TIGHT.  Come on Herb, better cue up another track and have another listen!

It's a lame comment anyway....everything is less than perfect. Gimme a break Herb.

T

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2018, 10:44 am »
Herb's gotta be smoking something.  :scratch: I have 300 watts of Bryston power running my passive Mini T's and the bass is tightly controlled man. TIGHT.  Come on Herb, better cue up another track and have another listen!

It's a lame comment anyway....everything is less than perfect. Gimme a break Herb.

T

Hi TJ

I think it was JASON VICTOR SERINUS not Herb that's was so negative towards our demo.

Sometimes its just that people have different opinions about what constitutes great sound.

james

Stu Pitt

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2018, 01:01 pm »
Hi TJ

I think it was JASON VICTOR SERINUS not Herb that's was so negative towards our demo.

Sometimes its just that people have different opinions about what constitutes great sound.

james
Pull your advertising from his publication.  He’ll change his tune real quick. 

Just kidding around.  I love it when people read a bad review of gear they love and blame it on advertising dollars or a lack there of.