Welcome to the LampizatOr Circle!

Lissnr

Re: Welcome to the LampizatOr Circle!
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2014, 09:50 am »
 Hi Fred, Hi Rob! Very glad you guys chose to start this circle because the word needs to get out more about these great products! Thanks for carrying the Lampi torch and I'm sure that for a product that "Speaks for itself" once it's in your system...a little 'speaking here' can help get it there for many more. It was great working with both of you and my listening room has never been better since the introduction of my L4G4 except for when I moved up to my Big 6 (Russian MELZ 6SN7's and NOS Tung Sol 6X5's). Awesome! Thanks again and best of luck!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2014, 02:26 pm »
  Hey Fred, Rob best of luck to our Audiosyndrome members who have taken the leap into the Biz. Great product nice Guys what else do ya need. :thumb:

charles

SearchOfSub

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 15 Jun 2014, 04:37 am »
I heard the Lampizator BIG 7 at the Newport beach show 2014 recently and it was the best room at the show. Magico Towers room w/ Pass Labs was nothing compare to the Lampizator BIG 7 room. So was Evolution Acoutistics room with darTzeeL, Wilson room etc.

To sum it up, I said to myself while listening, I can listen to this shit all day long. And I rarely feel that way. It was music magic.

(Now only if Lampi BIG 7 w/ MiniTwo's. It would be perfect :))

Gopher

« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2014, 04:04 pm »
Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!  Coverage of this show on the forums has been quite  sparse, and it is great to see our efforts were recognized!

Best,

Fred

I heard the Lampizator BIG 7 at the Newport beach show 2014 recently and it was the best room at the show. Magico Towers room w/ Pass Labs was nothing compare to the Lampizator BIG 7 room. So was Evolution Acoutistics room with darTzeeL, Wilson room etc.

To sum it up, I said to myself while listening, I can listen to this shit all day long. And I rarely feel that way. It was music magic.

(Now only if Lampi BIG 7 w/ MiniTwo's. It would be perfect :))

Lampizator

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 16 Jun 2014, 01:44 pm »
I was also impressed with the sound in our room, bearing in mind that for me the amps and speakers were unknown before the show and the room was small and untreated. On day 1 we uses an unnecessary preamp, but rest of the show we used the DAC as a preamp and going straight to the power block. For the record - we used Jupiter Copper caps at the output and Emission labs "45" DHT tubes. Most of the time we used DSD as a source.

Jeffy

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jun 2014, 02:56 pm »
Fred I know Lukasz is busy, but he should have the downloadable manuals for his DAC's available by now. I think people would like to have something as there is no manual for the dac. Thanks Jeff

Gopher

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jun 2014, 04:38 pm »
Hi Jeff,

The concern is understood and is being worked on by the same gentleman currently building our new webpage at www.lampizatorna.com 

We understand it is a nice finishing touch and will make it available to all prior customers as soon as its complete.  In the meantime, we are very accessible by email or telephone to answer any questions users may have.   

k6davis

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jun 2014, 06:33 pm »
The website is looking great so far.

fridays

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2014, 06:43 pm »
For the most part we are men we dont read manuals :lol:

Gopher

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2014, 07:03 pm »
Thanks, Keith!  We've still got a ways to go on the content and our primary goal, aside from a face lift, is making US offerings a bit simpler to follow.

HAHA, Bruce!  That joke was my first impulse, but I refrained!   :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 16 Jun 2014, 07:47 pm »
 :thumb:
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2014, 10:32 pm by jtwrace »

wisnon

« Reply #31 on: 18 Jun 2014, 03:31 pm »
Fred I know Lukasz is busy, but he should have the downloadable manuals for his DAC's available by now. I think people would like to have something as there is no manual for the dac. Thanks Jeff

You mean like this?
http://gpoint-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lampizator-DAC-–-User-Manual.pdf

Jeffy

« Reply #32 on: 19 Jun 2014, 08:42 pm »
Wisnon thank you very much your the man.

PhilipAC

« Reply #33 on: 9 Jul 2014, 09:24 pm »
Hi everyone

I currently own a Level 5 Lampi with balanced, pre-amp, DSD and Duelunds. I am about to pull the trigger on upgrading to a Big 7 with DSD and pre-amp (I know I can't have it balanced).

My question is, for those of you who have heard both, how much better is the Big 7 than the L5, and in what areas?

Thanks

Philip

guf

« Reply #34 on: 9 Jul 2014, 11:38 pm »
Hey Phillip.

I went from 4 to 7 with dsd. And lots of people ask what's the difference. I'm never good at articulating without using the standard clarity, depth, more engaging, ect terms but its everything you love about the 5 and more.  The simplest thing I have been suggesting is that if you love you L5 or whatever, you'll really love the big 7.  And my only experience with dsd in on my big 7 and I was truly blown away. Hope this helps.

wisnon

« Reply #35 on: 10 Jul 2014, 02:44 pm »
Hi everyone

I currently own a Level 5 Lampi with balanced, pre-amp, DSD and Duelunds. I am about to pull the trigger on upgrading to a Big 7 with DSD and pre-amp (I know I can't have it balanced).

My question is, for those of you who have heard both, how much better is the Big 7 than the L5, and in what areas?

Thanks

Philip
Al, demoed the L4 and Big5, and he owns the Hugo, Direct stream, Mytek and GD Audio Master 7, along with the MSB platinum Plus stack upgraded. The Lampi basically rules all, equal or slightly better than the MSB stack to him. Above the L5 clearly, he says.

PhilipAC

« Reply #36 on: 13 Jul 2014, 10:13 am »
Thanks Guf and Norman!

PhilipAC

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jul 2014, 08:41 pm »
Hey Guys- help needed!!

At present I have a balanced L5 with Ayre MXRs that only have balanced inputs. I am close to pulling the trigger on a Big 7. Only single-ended!

I REALLY don't want to change my MXRs, partly because I love them and partly because I have Thiel 3.7 speakers that need the MXRs to drive them.

So how do I go from the B7 to the MXRs?

* Top of the range Cardas FRCA>MXLR adapters, or

* Putting XLR plugs on the MXR end of a RCA IC and shorting Pins 1 & 3, or

* Spending big bucks on a transformer-based unbalanced to balanced converter.

Advice welcome!!

Philip

EscritorJuan

« Reply #38 on: 10 Jan 2015, 06:13 am »
This is very cool.  I just finished my review of the Lampizator Amber DAC Plus, in which it is compared head to head with the Hegel HD-12 DAC and the Abbingdon Music Research AMR DP-777 DAC/Preamp in a system that features a pair of Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE speakers (check out the pics at the end of the article), which you can view at the following link:

http://ayllonmedia.com/1/post/2015/01/the-lampizator-amber-dac-plus-is-it-a-dac-lite-or-a-real-contender-in-home-audio.html?fb_action_ids=10152991492212726&fb_action_types=dragndropbuilderapp%3Ashare

Enjoy,

Juan C. Ayllon

fridays

« Reply #39 on: 10 Jan 2015, 04:00 pm »
I saw the pictures, I dont understand