Cheap Speaker Stands

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
Cheap Speaker Stands
« on: 30 Nov 2015, 11:34 pm »
OK here goes. Last week I went with Mrs. P to the local silent auction and came across a nice looking but broken set of speaker stands.
I debated putting in a bid. Like I need anything else in the black hole. Well I placed the minimum bid of $3 and won them. Today I
stopped by the Home Depot and bought $8 worth of supplies. Changed the top plate from 5''x5'' to 5.5''x9'' to acommodate my Polk LSi 9's.
Then I lowered them by 10'' so the tweeter would end up about 36'' from the floor. Here they are with the LSi 9's on top.

Leftover's   :duh:

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: Cheap Speaker Stands
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2015, 12:13 am »
Those look like the 2 pair of Sanus stands that I have.  The groves on the back of the post's are for a black piece of fold-able plastic that forms a sleeve to hide the speaker wires which comes out of the bottom of the black floor plate.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2015, 12:35 am »
Those look like the 2 pair of Sanus stands that I have.  The groves on the back of the post's are for a black piece of fold-able plastic that forms a sleeve to hide the speaker wires which comes out of the bottom of the black floor plate.
They are Sanus stands. I now what you're saying as far as the grooves but the plastic sleeves didn't come with them.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2015, 12:41 am »
you may want to buy some wall cable clips or holders and attach them to the back of the posts to run your speaker wire through and then out the bottom of the bottom plate.