[wtb] budget xlr cable and usb A to B cable

ven

« on: 24 Apr 2017, 09:27 am »

Blackmore

Re: [wtb] budget xlr cable and usb A to B cable
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2017, 11:47 am »
Welcome to Audio Circle and remember to post at least three times before you can access our private messaging section (pm). This will help you communicate with sellers of the cables you're looking for.

jk@home

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2017, 11:57 am »
For the XLR cable, check out Mogami 2549.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm »
Welcome!  For the USB cable you can look at places like Audio Adviser for the Pangea line

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2017, 02:30 pm »
For really budget, hard to beat Monoprice or Blue Jean Cables.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2017, 03:01 pm »
For low budget cables look to Monoprice (but they may be drifting to the darkside).
For cables at the sweet spot in price and quality go to Blue Jeans Cable.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2017, 05:13 pm »
I would look at Belden 8402 XLR's.  I bought a pair and they sound better than my Cardas Parsec and AQ Columbia XLR's that are 10x's the price.  I own a pair of BJC XLR's and they sound bright and unrefined compared to my Belden, Cardas and AQ's.

https://btpa.com/IC8402XLR-XX.html

For a budget usb- The AQ Forrest or Cinammon

zoom25

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2017, 05:25 pm »
For USB, I'd recommend the Belkin Gold USB. It's shielded and meets spec. I didn't find any difference between that and my AQ Forest (which is much shorter so it rarely gets used or directly compared to be fair).

For XLR, Mogami 2549 is always a good option as someone already recommended. I've been using 2549 and it has never failed me. On the other hand, if you can get your hands on some Grimm TPR, that'd be my pick at that price.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2017, 09:17 pm »
Just a word of advice.  Different usb cables can sound different in different systems.  We did a shoot out with a Wire World Platinum ($600), Light Speed ($600), WW Starlight Red ($120) and a cheap Pangea Silver cable.  In my system the Platinum sounded the best, then the Red.  The light speed and a pangea were bright although the LS had the most detail and resolution.  In my friends system who owns both the Platinum and the LS, the LS sounded the best and was not bright at all.  The Pangea was the worst of the lot.  The differences were pretty dramatic.

Adding a Regen to the mix, it made the differences more a little more subtle but the Pangea still sounded thin and bright.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2017, 09:24 pm »
For XLR Mogami is the budget choice.
Available from lots of musician supply stores at better prices than audiophile type places.