Which Cds top your lists' for redues?

1000a

Re: Which Cds top your lists' for redues?
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2007, 08:09 pm »
tell him Dam dam these know it alls :lol:, Al D can definitely leave me cold, although I have finally begun to listen seriously to Friday Night live in San Fran and it is quite enjoyable.

mostly I have always found it way way to much, I think my massively improved stereo and room has helped me to more fully hear what they are up to :scratch:

Really I was so unimpressed with what I thought was poor CD quality and my prior bias against their over the top playing speed (maybe my gear prior never resolved it well, it certainly did not have the excellent 3d image I get now) I probably had not ever given it much of a chance.  I am now shocked at the sound quality of this CD.  I am getting a very clear and full bodied view of them on the stage having a blast just playing, often with lots of humor.

Although I must say not liking Hendrix is true sacrilege to the music Gods that's just not right!  :lol:

« Last Edit: 7 Jun 2007, 08:26 pm by 1000a »

Housteau

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2007, 09:28 pm »
The CD releases that I have and think sound horrible can most often be traced back to the compression schemes used in the CD mastering process.  I like to see the remastered versions target that specifically and remaster the original studio work in a way where I am not forced to listen to square waves :).

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jun 2007, 12:09 am »
tell him Dam dam these know it alls :lol:, Al D can definitely leave me cold, although I have finally begun to listen seriously to Friday Night live in San Fran and it is quite enjoyable.

mostly I have always found it way way to much, I think my massively improved stereo and room has helped me to more fully hear what they are up to :scratch:

I think the FNISF CD sounds very good, but as music it simply doesn't move me. I suspect I would enjoy it a lot more if it were a video, instead of a CD.

Although I must say not liking Hendrix is true sacrilege to the music Gods that's just not right!  :lol:

I think you would be surprised about how many feel the same as I do.  :wink:

Daverz

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2007, 04:31 am »
Pretty much all of Jimi Hendrix's stuff could stand being re-mastered, especially if they still have the original raw tapes.

At one point in my 20s I sold all my Hendrix Lps as a reaction against all the classic rock/guitar hero music of my teen years.  Recently, I reacquired Axis: Bold As Love.  Just a regular used Reprise Lp.  Man, is it nasty sounding.