Hoyt Bedford Type 1's!!!

Jolly

Hoyt Bedford Type 1's!!!
« on: 3 May 2011, 07:23 pm »
 I heard the Hoyt Bedford Type 1 speakers Saturday at the Omega factory and I was astounded how great they sounded and how beautifully they are finished!! These speakers are a flat out steal at $795. and I have never seen a bigger bargain in my twenty five years in this crazy hobby. They have excellent detail, spot-on tonality, PRAT, imaging that only a single driver can provide and very decent bass for a monitor. I am planning on getting the Type 1's and using the Type 3's(HB subs) as platforms. These speakers deserve to be a huge item for Louis whom I have never met before Saturday and it was certainly my pleasure.

glrtrgi

Re: Hoyt Bedford Type 1's!!!
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2011, 04:31 am »
Can you give us some idea of the dimensions and the specs?

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2011, 04:49 am »
 :thumb:
This is an all new driver. It's an 8" dual cone and shares the whizzer from the ALN8Omega Alnico driver.
Ferrite motor with wood damping cover.
Extremely fast and articulate.
97dB efficiency
8 Ohm impedance

Type 1 features
Designed and built in house.

3/4" soft wood MDF for stability and 1/4" Hardwood MDF lamination on front and back

Ladder bracing with rear wall diffuser

Omega damping throughout.

Inset driver and attached with 8 brass machine screws and zinc inserts.

3" flared Prescision Port.

System can be run sealed or vented.

Vampire multiway binding posts

Triple lead internal wiring. 2 positive and 1 negative

Best quality wood veneers used on all panels.

Phenolic sheet between MDF and Veneer

Magnet Grills.

10 Year warranty.

Size: 23" Tall x 11" Wide x 11.5" Deep

frank111

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2011, 09:01 pm »
 I received my Hoyt Bedford Type 1's today. The finish was furniture quality which fits in nice with my living room decor. I have a Pioneer VSX-521 receiver, Pioneer DV-440 cd/dvd player, and a Sony Bravia 32" tv in my system. I listened to Lesley Garrett's 'Ave Maria' from her 'A Soprano Inspired' c.d and thought I was at The Met Opera House in New York. I was blown away at the dynamic range & effortless handling of her vocals. I'm currently listening to 'The Best of Hot Tuna' a live c.d., these are pretty darn nice speakers Louis ! My living room is approx 15 1/2 by 14, with the HB 1's on stands 1ft tall, 3 inches from the wall, vented, 4 ft from the corners of the room, with their backs facing the 15 1/2 wall. I do not require a subwoofer, theres plenty of genuine bass for me. I think the Hoyt Bedfords could retail for $1500 and sell easily. Very impressed & highly recommend them. :D

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2011, 04:49 am »
Frank
+1
 :thumb:

Louis O

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2011, 12:32 am »
Hi frank111,

Many thanks for the posts and kind words.

Great to hear that you're enjoying the type 1's still need to go get the CD you mentioned. I've been running the type1's in my system for a while now with SS amps. The synergy is amazing.

Thanks Tabrink and saw the pics of your room. Great setup and cool looking sub. I have the virtue amps too and the speakers are awesome in the nearfield. Even with 8" drivers they soundstage and image amazingly well.

Thanks again,
Louis

frank111

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2011, 07:30 pm »
Louis, my Hoyt Bedfords 1's are singing a sweeter tune now. Purchased a Marantz receiver model 2220b  at an estate sale for $100; the only owner used the receiver twice a year -thanksgiving & xmas. Its in immaculate condition.     
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2011, 12:12 am by frank111 »