Footers for a computer

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
Footers for a computer
« on: 18 Jan 2014, 02:39 am »
Hi Herbie,

Since I've switched to computer audio, my desktop computer has become an audio sopurce component.  What footers do you recommend for a Dell desktop computer?

Thansk,

Mike

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Footers for a computer
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2014, 03:43 am »
Four Tenderfoot isolation feet.
Tenderfoot

Steve Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

rw@cn

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2014, 03:23 pm »
Is your computer is the same room as your rig? If not, what advantage would there be? Just wondering.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2014, 03:55 pm »
Isolating a computer or hard drive always has potential for sonic improvement whether the computer is in close proximity to the rest of the audio system or not. Potential, that is; in some cases isolating the computer will have little or no sonic effect, though sometimes improvements can be quite profound. In the digital realm, reducing the effects of micro-vibrations helps to keep error corrections at a minimum and optimizes phase/time relationships, keeping everything closer to real-time continuity and a more natural sound as the end result. With fine music reproduction, it's not really as simple as just x's and o's. Capacitors, microprocessors and other electronic parts are very sensitive to micro-vibrations, which in a light-speed and micro environment world have an effect on the end result of music that's to be ultimately converted to analog. Typically, micro (really, extremely micro) delays or alterations in data-flow timing and other computer processing stages produces glare and other anomalies in the music.

Steve Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2014, 06:24 pm by Herbie »

rw@cn

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2014, 04:57 pm »
Thanks Steve

Starchild

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2014, 05:57 pm »
My computer will be within 1 meter of my stereo so I can use a shorter and better cable.  It has for all intents and purposes become a source component.

Starchild

« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2014, 02:57 pm »
Steve,

I moved right before I asked about footers for my computer and just recently got my audio room set back up.  I have several of your products and am in the process of getting your footers for all of my components.  My computer is a Dell desk top that is currently sitting on my equipment rack in my audio room.  Last night I decided, just for the hell of it, to move a set of my large tender foots from a down stream component and try the 'foots under my computer.  The improvement in the sound was profound!!  The the bass deepened substantially which had similar impacts on the sound stage.  Focus and transparency also improved substantially.  Needless to say, those tenderfoots aren't coming out from under my computer until I get regular tenderfoots to replace them. 

Thanks!!!,

Mike