one more try fs or ft Odyssey audio Khartago Extreme amp, ps audio pre, and more

buckeyefanandy

The Odyssey Khartago Extreme is one of the best values in audio today and this can be had as a steal since it was a demo unit that has been used for about 5 months off and on.  I loved them so much I moved to the Mono Blocks.  I had hopes of a second system, but a coming move is going to force that idea out the window, and could put me out of the hobby for a while all together.  Has box, papers, and over 18 years of a transferable warantee.  I am asking $750 or looking to trade for a solid integrated like a audio refinement or a Roksan.  Others would be considered.

I also have a PS audio 6.1 preamp that is a solid state overachiever as a preamp.  has the phono section that I have never used as I run a cd only rig.  I will sell this for $250 or best offer.  Box and paperwork are included.

I also have a pair of perfect Apogee Centaur Minor that were new old stock, they have been used lightly for the last 8 months.  Perfect condition and hard to find.  Includes the stands, boxes, with all the paperwork from the original sale.  Lots of cool apogee liturature.
I would like to get $750 for these or best offer.

I also have a pair of Paradigm Monitor 3 speakers that are in perfect working condition, but are a little bit bruised on the corners.  Nothing major, but enought that they could be yours for $130, no boxes or paperwork.  Have some great wroght iron speaker stands that can be included for $15

Lastly I have a Scott nixon dac that was built by Phil Hagerman at nomad audio that is in a red metal case, and is a killer little dac.
I will consider all offers/

I am also in the position that I may have to get out of the hobby for a while if I move into a new house in the city, the rehab of a historic home would take time, money and limit my space untill the house were finished.  In that case I will have a Roksan Caspian M CD player to sell for $750, box and paperwork.  That would also include my audio mirror T 61 tubed pre with two sets of tubes for a $450 or best offer, and my Odyssey Audio Custom monoblocks, not sure what these would sell for.

I think that is all. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
For us non-initated into the Odyssey Audio world could you explain what makes the Khartago Extreme "extreme" in terms of tweaks and audible improvements.

srb

...Scott nixon dac that was built by Phil Hagerman at nomad audio...

Paul Hilgeman at Nomad Audio?

dangerbird

I believe that the "upgrade" would be in the area of improved internal wiring and increased capacitance,and possibly some component improvements to/in the circuit.

buckeyefanandy

Everything that is available for an upgrade to the transformer, the binding posts, and capacitance is beefed up.   The only move up on the Odyssey ladder is Stratos Extreme, or mono blocks, or a cusom order with custom parts like the Gary.

Call Klause if you need all the details.

Cacophonix

buckeyefanandy,

You've got PM regarding the DAC. :)