MAG-ACI Sapphire XL2

Ronnie Graft

Re: MAG-ACI Sapphire XL2
« Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2010, 02:20 pm »
Cool!

Joe_K

« Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2010, 07:37 pm »
 :thumb:  Congrats Mike! The New Sapphires look real nice.
  Hopefully, a custom stand will also be available!
  Joe

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2010, 02:07 pm »
:thumb:  Congrats Mike! The New Sapphires look real nice.
  Hopefully, a custom stand will also be available!
  Joe

Joe, interesting you mention the stands. We've been working on the design of the perfect XL2 stands. Probably a couple of months before we've got them ready.

Virgil

« Reply #23 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:54 am »
Late to the party, but what great news!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #24 on: 1 Dec 2010, 02:17 pm »
Late to the party, but what great news!

Virgil:

You're not late, it's just getting started  :D

Eric

« Reply #25 on: 2 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm »
Awesome news

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec 2010, 06:22 pm »
Can the Emerald XL's be too far behind??

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #27 on: 6 Dec 2010, 03:36 pm »
Can the Emerald XL's be too far behind??

Mark:

Currently the plan is to first get caught up with initial Sapphire XL2 orders. Second, design and produce the perfect stand for them. We're also considering a sub(s) in the future. Anything else, like the Emeralds will probably be quite far in the future. 

kimchee411

« Reply #28 on: 9 Dec 2010, 08:39 pm »
Please use Sound Anchors again.  The XL1 stands were perfect!

Jay Carsman

« Reply #29 on: 20 Dec 2010, 05:39 pm »
I'm almost speechless upon hearing the news that Mike is back!  Here I am listening to Neil Diamond's Dream Album on my Sapphire XL(s) and Force XL sub, and as always I'm just blown away by the sound.  Then, I put on Neil Diamond's Essential Album and it's like I'm back to the Greek on that Hot August Night.  Unforgettable!  I'm 62 and pray that my hearing holds up so I can enjoy these songs and the ACI speakers for a long, long time.

Mike, it's about my speaker's 1st Anniversary.  With the stands and rack I got from you, I'm still in heaven.  Thank You and I'm so glad to hear that your back!

Sincerely,
Jay :D

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #30 on: 22 Dec 2010, 02:25 pm »
Jay,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure you will be enjoying your system for many, many more years!

Eric

« Reply #31 on: 22 May 2011, 11:02 pm »
What's the skinny on these. Are they on the market yet?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #32 on: 24 May 2011, 11:59 am »
Hi Eric, I trust all is well with you! The first of the new XL2s just shipped last week. We were WAY late on this, but we're feeling that we have most of the production issues conquered. Frankly, to build them in the U.S. and keep the cost in line has just proven tougher than projected. But, we can do it! The next ones will be shipping VERY soon ( a different finish). So, we haven't been talking about them much because we wanted to get the existing orders filled first. Some folks have had to wait many months, and we're sorry about that. But I am extremely excited that we're now getting to the point of being up to speed.

What's the skinny on these. Are they on the market yet?

Eric

« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2011, 02:23 pm »
Awesome. So good to see you back in the saddle again, Mike

pardales

« Reply #34 on: 22 Jan 2012, 10:40 pm »
Any user reviews on the new XL2's? How's it going?
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2012, 01:11 am by pardales »

pardales

« Reply #35 on: 23 Jan 2012, 01:12 am »
Any user reviews on the new XL2's? How's it going?

Or, comparisons to the original XL's

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #36 on: 12 Feb 2012, 03:26 pm »
Sorry to be so tardy here. I've just been really busy at school. Mark S. at MAG continues to build and ship the XL2s. I haven't been spending much time with the project myself. I think I've said it before, but the XL2s sound almost identical to the XLs (of which there are a LOT of reviews) the XL2s have just a smidgen more detail throughout the low to midrange. They just resolve ever so slightly better because of the improved cabinet wall damping. Frankly, the difference is so slight that most people probably wouldn't hear it.

Or, comparisons to the original XL's

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #37 on: 18 Dec 2013, 07:56 pm »
So Mike.  Has Meniscus stopped building the Sapphires? I don't see them on their site anywhere...

Bryan

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #38 on: 19 Dec 2013, 04:05 pm »
Hi Bryan!

Mark actually has a production run partly completed. In a nutshell, the hold up is that as presently being done, the cabinets are too labor intensive to allow an adequate profit margin. Sure, we could just jack the price up, but we really want them to be at the very affordable price point they are now. Mark has some ideas on how this could be accomplished.  He feels he should be able to finish exploring these options and have answers within the next month or so.  Once we reach a solution of producing the quality we demand at a sustainable price point, we’ll once again be taking orders and scheduling deliveries.

djverne

« Reply #39 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:26 pm »
Hi there
I stumbled upon your website last night while researching some ScanSpeak drivers. Your SapphireXL2 seems to combine both the woofer and tweeter I have been looking to implement in a personal design since I couldn't find any speaker that has the two components excluding the Fritz Rev5. I am happy to see your speaker has the Scan Speak 9500 tweeter, this is the one with the more polite presentation am I correct? Anyways I currently own the Dynaudio Focus 110 which is a good speaker but has some artifacts around its crossover. From what I have read the Sapphire XL2 sounds like it might be a little more refined, smooth, and musical. I am really interested in purchasing a pair and I have a few questions. First what is the order fulfillment time. Second what happen to the company that use to make these, there website is still up but it's seems like they are no longer in business. Lastly do you have some of the pictures of different Finishes?
-Daniel J Werner
Sapphire XL2

Sent from my iPad