X-Omni question

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
X-Omni question
« on: 26 Jul 2014, 02:50 pm »
Which tweeter is used in the X-Omni? Judging from the cutout on the plans it looks like the X-Omni uses the Peerless T26SG (same as in the X-Encore speakers.

Mike

Danny Richie

Re: X-Omni question
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2014, 02:55 pm »
Which tweeter is used in the X-Omni? Judging from the cutout on the plans it looks like the X-Omni uses the Peerless T26SG (same as in the X-Encore speakers.

Mike

Yep, the same tweeter that is in the Encore series.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2014, 03:48 pm »
Danny

Thanks. What is the current price for a pair of these upgraded with:

Sonicaps, Mills resistors, Erse XQ inductors, Gen II bypass caps on all caps, point to point wired, Electra tube connectors and NoRez?

I'm seriously considering these as surround speakers for the X-CS Encores I ordered yesterday

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2014, 03:59 pm »
Danny

Thanks. What is the current price for a pair of these upgraded with:

Sonicaps, Mills resistors, Erse XQ inductors, Gen II bypass caps on all caps, point to point wired, Electra tube connectors and NoRez?

I'm seriously considering these as surround speakers for the X-CS Encores I ordered yesterday

Mike

$199 for the basic kit
Crossover parts as per your request for the pair is $269 (minus old crossovers -$48).
1 Sheet of No Rez $39.95
Tube connector set (discounted) $50.

$509.95 total plus shipping.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2014, 04:58 pm »
Thanks,

Send me a pair with all these upgrades.

If you still have my bill on hand use the same card and address I used yesterday for the X-CS Encores.

If not, let me know and I'll call you with the information.

Mike

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2014, 05:17 pm »
They do make excellent surround speakers.  :thumb:  Even in a small room.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2014, 06:45 pm »
I am building a system for my step daughter. The original plan was a pair of X-LS Encores for L/R mains, an X-CS Encore for center then later on either a second pair of X-LS Encores or a pair of AV-1RS's for surrounds.

In the meantime she has moved and has a much larger living room so I decided to switch gears a little and go with three X-CS Encores (with upgraded and point to point wired crossovers) for L/C/R duties and ordered those kits from Danny yesterday. 

This morning I got to thinking about rear surround options and remembered the X-Omni. I hadn't given the X-Omni any real consideration in the past because somehow I got the impression it used the classic tweeter. Now that I know better I'm going to give them a try.

At this point I'm not saying my step-daughter will get them as her surrounds. I haven't seen any pictures or dimensions of her living room yet (she lives in Portland, OR) so I don't even know if they will work. Then I have my own system with X-LS & X-CS Encores up front that these will mate with perfectly  :eyebrows:.  However, in my system there is a good chance I would use the X-Omni's as L/R mains and move the X-LS Encores to surround duties.

Even if I decided to keep the X-Omni's initially, she may get them down the road a bit because I have my sites set on a pair of the LGK MMTMM OB speakers mated to a pair of 12" OB dual driver servo subs for myself (my wife claimed the N3's as hers).

Mike