What could this be???

lateboomer

Re: What could this be???
« Reply #40 on: 21 Apr 2015, 03:10 am »
Just a small comment. May be the edge of the frame at the foot of the rack shall be slightly rounded instead of sloped cut to make make it more refine and less industrial look. And the base of the rack can be covered with similar shelf board same height as the frame to make it more polished and give extra storing space for distribution strip or other small items.

EdRo

« Reply #41 on: 21 Apr 2015, 08:17 pm »
I like that idea, latebloomer! The bamboo ply is pricey, but laying that across the top of the base would look good. I'm more of a strength/form follows function guy, but the more I look at my prototype, the more I can imagine the bottom trimmed out with this wood. I think it would really set this rack off! Thanks for the idea! It'll be a great option!

EdRo

« Reply #42 on: 21 Apr 2015, 08:32 pm »

Here's the rack with the top "turntable" shelf on. The top shelf is 1.5" thick with Herbies dbNeutralizer between the bamboo shelf and aluminum arms. It's a hearty 24" x 24", so most turntables would look stately sitting atop the pinnacle of this rack. And there still might be some room for Star Wars action figures? Or a cat?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #43 on: 21 Apr 2015, 08:45 pm »
I thought I was the only one with Star Wars action figures in my room.  :scratch:
Those "steps" do provide the cat a nice staircase to the curtain rod, now that you mention it.
Also, you've going to get nasty letters from audiophiles regarding their bruised shins.  :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #44 on: 21 Apr 2015, 08:53 pm »
As long is the Star Wars figure doesn't speak while the music is on and not Jar Jar Binks  :lol:

EdRo

« Reply #45 on: 21 Apr 2015, 08:56 pm »
MEsa THINKsa YOUsa RIGHTsa!!!! shuddershudder!!!

lateboomer

« Reply #46 on: 22 Apr 2015, 03:42 am »
I changed my mind. I think the board at the base of the rack need not to be same height as the frame, which make it overkill and gives the impression the rack is less sturdy. It is maybe half an inch will do. It doesn't have to be bamboo shelf and should use slightly difference color tone to differentiate it from the rest 'audiophile' type bamboo shelves. And I think the edges of bamboo shelf should have minor round curve instead of 90 degree right angle shape to 'soften' the rack industrial appearance. Sorry I just got carry away. :P