Spatial M4

happyrabbit

Spatial M4
« on: 1 Oct 2015, 02:25 am »
These are my 2nd pair of OB speakers.     They are about 5' from the back wall, 6' apart, 7' center line seated position and with a slight toe-in. The initial listen is promising. :green: The (4) 12'' woofers do a surprisingly lovely job and my 45 SET amp is more than enough.   I will report back in 100hrs. The sub-woofer in the attached pics is for HT.   

Dwight

« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2015, 05:17 pm by happyrabbit »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Spatial M4's
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2015, 02:29 am »
Nice. Hope to hear some of Claytons work at RMAF...

Best,
Anand.

sfdoddsy

Re: Spatial M4
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2015, 08:51 am »
What was your previous pair of OBs. Just wondering how the Spatial's compare.

sunnydaze

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2015, 04:47 pm »
What was your previous pair of OBs. Just wondering how the Spatial's compare.

Glancing at his system page, looks like they are Omega 1.5

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2015, 04:55 pm »
These speakers interest me large for my 12X15X8' room.  And, they are so affordable compared to just about everything.  DO follow up with your impressions.  Thanks in advance, Dwight.  Cheers.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:02 pm »
I've heard some wonderful things about these speakers, and from a couple people that have some very high end gear. I am wanting to hear some of these.

md92468

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:28 pm »
Haven't heard the M4s, but heard the M2s at last year's RMAF and was very, very impressed. Seems like Clayton's on a mission to bring good audio to the masses...love his gear and approach. Nice guy, too.

kgturner

« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2015, 08:06 pm »
I just took delivery of a pair of M4 Turbos. I've only put a couple of hours on them, but so far I'm impressed. There are a few critiques I could offer right now, but with just ~2 hours playing time, I don't think it's fair to talk about that yet. We'll see how they morph and change over the next few weeks. They definitely need breathing room from the back wall to open up. That much is immediately obvious.

Here's where they stay:

Here's where they play:

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

Kevin T

apstoltz

« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec 2015, 01:14 am »
Happy rabbit, what are your thoughts after you have had a chance to break them in. The m4 is on my very short list and my leap into ob territory. It looks like they have a lot going for them, I like how they can be easily moved out into the room yet tucked away for waf when not in use.

rebbi

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2016, 11:40 pm »
These are my 2nd pair of OB speakers.     They are about 5' from the back wall, 6' apart, 7' center line seated position and with a slight toe-in. The initial listen is promising. :green: The (4) 12'' woofers do a surprisingly lovely job and my 45 SET amp is more than enough.   I will report back in 100hrs. The sub-woofer in the attached pics is for HT.   

Dwight

I, too, am currently breaking in a pair of M4's! I will also report back when they are more warmed up! Stay tuned!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2016, 02:33 am »
Yeah, these OB speakers are killer.  Probably the only ones that I'd buy.   :thumb:

md92468

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2016, 02:39 am »
I, too, am currently breaking in a pair of M4's! I will also report back when they are more warmed up! Stay tuned!

...as am I, Rebbi. I'm quite impressed so far. They seem to like a little more power than their efficiency would suggest, though - not a problem for me with 100 Blue Circle watts, but curious to hear your impressions with the AN.

rebbi

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2016, 02:55 am »
...as am I, Rebbi. I'm quite impressed so far. They seem to like a little more power than their efficiency would suggest, though - not a problem for me with 100 Blue Circle watts, but curious to hear your impressions with the AN.

Plenty of oomph with the ANK Kit 1. I told Clayton that these seem to be perhaps the most honestly specced (in terms of sensitivity) speakers I've tried. On most CD's, 9:00 on the volume pot is as far as I'd care to go. The Spatials make the Kit 1 sound positively muscular.   :thumb:

How many hours you have on yours, md?? I think I'm inching up on the 24 hour "warm up" mark.

md92468

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jan 2016, 03:07 am »
Plenty of oomph with the ANK Kit 1. I told Clayton that these seem to be perhaps the most honestly specced (in terms of sensitivity) speakers I've tried. On most CD's, 9:00 on the volume pot is as far as I'd care to go. The Spatials make the Kit 1 sound positively muscular.   :thumb:

How many hours you have on yours, md?? I think I'm inching up on the 24 hour "warm up" mark.

Good to know, Rebbi, as one of the main benefits to these, to me, is the versatility to go up or down the ladder power-wise.

I'm guessing I'm at the 40 or so hour point. Significant differences started appearing in the 30 hour range...at least they seemed that way to me. Who knows what role our ears and brain play in "break-in." ;) But even now I'm finding them remarkably un-fatiguing...and the solidity of the center image is wonderful...

Clayton says 100 hours...can't wait.

rebbi

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jan 2016, 03:17 am »
But even now I'm finding them remarkably un-fatiguing...and the solidity of the center image is wonderful...

Clayton says 100 hours...can't wait.

Ditto, ditto and ditto.    :D

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jan 2016, 05:13 am »
What happened to the OP? Any further findings?

Don_S

« Reply #16 on: 12 Jan 2016, 03:56 pm »
What happened to the OP? Any further findings?

According to stats, he was active 1 hour and 11 minutes ago.   Where is that silly wabbit?

I sent Dwight a PM asking him to give us an update.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 13 Jan 2016, 01:33 am »
Damn right!   :thumb:

Poultrygeist

« Reply #18 on: 13 Jan 2016, 11:25 am »
Are those Eminence woofers?

md92468

« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2016, 01:23 pm »
Are those Eminence woofers?

Yes, but with modifications. See a brief explanation here, at around 1:50 and then again at 6:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d03t7kIbjIQ