XL2s

Mark Burrows

XL2s
« on: 11 Mar 2011, 08:15 pm »
Wondering if anyone who has ordered the XLs have rec them and their thoughts on the speakers. I've been waiting on mine for a while, hope to get them soon.

Mike Dzurko

Re: XL2s
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2011, 03:37 pm »
Hi Mark:

You and others have been patiently waiting, for considerably longer than we planned. As you know, our goals were to transfer production from off-shore to U.S. built cabinets. At the same time, improve quality control and keep the price under $2K. Ambitious, but we felt these were reasonable and attainable goals.

Getting the first batch through U.S. production has proven to be a bigger challenge than originally anticipated. The real work has been to get everything from CAD drawings into the CNC machines at a cost that we can afford. We're almost there, but it has been a time-intensive trip. Essentially, to get it done faster would have put a significant premium on cost that we simply can't afford with the start up economies of scale. We really want to keep the selling price on the XL2s under the $2K mark and to do that means we have to be very efficient with all our costs, including the tooling and setup. Mark Sayer has been working very hard to keep the initial costs in line with what we need to stay under that $2k mark. We're very close, and the "log jam" of setup and tooling seems almost solved. I hope to have more to report within a week or so. Thank you once again for your patience!

Mark Burrows

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2011, 04:44 pm »
Mike - thanks for the update, appreciate the efforts to keep prices inline.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2011, 12:31 am »
Thanks for your patience Mark. You made a smart move when you locked in your price!

Mike - thanks for the update, appreciate the efforts to keep prices inline.