RMAF 2013

roscoeiii

Re: RMAF 2013
« Reply #40 on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:03 pm »
Thanks Tyson. I guess I will have to trust the opinions of you and Pez for one more year...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #41 on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:20 pm »
The funny thing is that half the time Pez and I don't agree, even in the same room with the same equipment!  In my opinion you should trust me, because Pez' opinions are really suspect :)

roscoeiii

« Reply #42 on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:34 pm »
The funny thing is that half the time Pez and I don't agree, even in the same room with the same equipment!  In my opinion you should trust me, because Pez' opinions are really suspect :)

I prefer to trust neither of you.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #43 on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:52 pm »
Trust no one.  The truth is out there.  Wa wa wa wa wa waaaaahh

dflee

« Reply #44 on: 20 Aug 2013, 11:58 pm »
Pez and Tyson. You two really make the show special for one who won't be able to go for the foreseeable future.
Enjoy everything you two put out (on the internet anyway) during the show. Maybe a Siskel / Ebert thing of thumbs
up or down for each room.

Enjoy
Don

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #45 on: 21 Aug 2013, 12:02 am »
 :thumb:
 :thumb: :thumb:
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #46 on: 21 Aug 2013, 01:05 am »
I hope I live long enough to see those 2 slow down!   :lol:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #47 on: 21 Aug 2013, 01:23 am »
I prefer to trust neither of you.
Whichever one like my speakers, is the one you can trust.

:D

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #48 on: 21 Aug 2013, 01:42 am »
I'll be helping Marjorie with set up on Thursday. This will be my 9th RMAF--every one but the first.

Laura, were you helping out pre-show last year too?  We might have met and I didn't even realize it.

I've never seen Magnepan at RMAF

They were there last year presenting in their own room (but I won't dwell on the past. . .).

Whichever one like my speakers, is the one you can trust.

:D

So does that mean you are officially in for the show, AJ?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #49 on: 21 Aug 2013, 02:13 am »
So does that mean you are officially in for the show, AJ?
I'm crashing the party. :green:
Looks like 4th or 5th FL, should know shortly.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #50 on: 21 Aug 2013, 02:40 am »
Laura, were you helping out pre-show last year too?  We might have met and I didn't even realize it.

Yes, I helped out last year too. I think this will be my 4th time helping out on Thursday. I was putting signs up outside the rooms last year and helped with registration Friday morning.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #51 on: 21 Aug 2013, 03:24 am »
 :dance:

Got the OK to go - Air and show tickets purchased. Gotta figure out the Hotel and car rental...Anne might join me, might not  :dunno:

Not quite sure if I'm up for the big dinner or not (wasn't that impressed last time I went  :peek:- at least not at those prices  :o )

Pez

« Reply #52 on: 21 Aug 2013, 05:18 am »
I have been pretty absent from this site lately. Not for any particular reason other than I have been very busy with life and I have been immensely happy with my setup and find it rather counter productive to post about that all the time. :P
That said I'm looking forward to RMAF! I'm particularly excited to see the whole gang again.  :thumb:

Douger

« Reply #53 on: 21 Aug 2013, 01:21 pm »
I am coming. Woodsyi, do you still need a fourth Friday morning? I will have my car and clubs!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #54 on: 21 Aug 2013, 04:27 pm »
I am coming. Woodsyi, do you still need a fourth Friday morning? I will have my car and clubs!

Sure, you are the second.  Tyson and Pez don't play golf.  There is still room for more. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #55 on: 21 Aug 2013, 04:49 pm »
We have a room on the 5th Floor reserved, but have been talking to Marjorie about a BIG room at the Hyatt across the street.  I'm not super pumped about being across the street, but would love a big room, and this one is 26'x75'!  That would be enough we could setup 3 full systems, and still have plenty of room for displays ... maybe a go-cart track  :lol:  Setup will also be a piece of cake since it's main floor, no more dealing with the freight elevators.  We'd have Wilson on one side of us, and Scaena on the other.  I'd relish the opportunity to go toe-to-toe with those big names. 

Golf Friday morning would be wonderful, my game sucks right now since I haven't been out but 3-4 times this year.  But if I said I could come, would I be invited?  And if so, what's the time and how close is it to the hotel?

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #56 on: 21 Aug 2013, 04:54 pm »
See you fellas there - make sure you wear a name tag or something so I know who you are! I'll be staying at the Hyatt, should be fun. I'm pumped cause I get to meet some great colleagues here from AC.

Best,
Anand.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #57 on: 21 Aug 2013, 05:07 pm »
We have a room on the 5th Floor reserved, but have been talking to Marjorie about a BIG room at the Hyatt across the street.  I'm not super pumped about being across the street, but would love a big room, and this one is 26'x75'!  That would be enough we could setup 3 full systems, and still have plenty of room for displays ... maybe a go-cart track  :lol:  Setup will also be a piece of cake since it's main floor, no more dealing with the freight elevators.  We'd have Wilson on one side of us, and Scaena on the other.  I'd relish the opportunity to go toe-to-toe with those big names. 

Golf Friday morning would be wonderful, my game sucks right now since I haven't been out but 3-4 times this year.  But if I said I could come, would I be invited?  And if so, what's the time and how close is it to the hotel?

Ryan,

We will let you play.  Google map shows 13.1 miles and 17 minutes away from the hotel.  It's straight down 25.  I am hoping for a tee time around 7 in the morning -- earlier if they have it.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #58 on: 21 Aug 2013, 05:41 pm »
Ryan,

We will let you play.  Google map shows 13.1 miles and 17 minutes away from the hotel.  It's straight down 25.  I am hoping for a tee time around 7 in the morning -- earlier if they have it.

Wow, 7am  :o  Can't remember the last time I was up that early!  I can probably make it, then I'd have time to take a nap before the show starts  :lol:

Douger

« Reply #59 on: 21 Aug 2013, 07:12 pm »
Thanks, 7 or earlier is fine with me! I'm not very good at scoring, but I typically hit some very good shots and I am not slow. If I lose a ball I look for
under 2 minutes and throw down another. If I could putt I could shoot in the eighties... Maybe this will be the time... :D
I also do not get angry if I hit a poor shot!