RMAF 2012 Day 3 Tyson and Pez Coverage LIVE

SlushPuppy

Re: RMAF 2012 Day 3 Tyson and Pez Coverage LIVE
« Reply #60 on: 15 Oct 2012, 12:12 am »
We got to maybe 35% of the rooms.

Thanks for the appreciation guys!  It is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.  I'm just glad I live here and can do this every year :)

I had no idea there were that many rooms. You guys covered most of the ones I was interested in. Thanks for visiting so many of the AC sponsors. It was much appreciated. Was Fritz there? From what I've read he always has a great room.

Thanks again guys!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #61 on: 15 Oct 2012, 12:15 am »

Was Fritz there? From what I've read he always has a great room.

Thanks again guys!

Fritz did not make it this year

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #62 on: 15 Oct 2012, 12:29 am »
Superb coverage gentlemen! You really hit your stride this year. Suggestions for next year. Have scantily clad women carry you from room to room in sedan chairs. This will expedite your conveyance from room to room allowing more time for typing descriptions, and increase the number of rooms covered. Wearing fezzes, ascots, and cummerbunds would complete the overall effect.

Now THAT is funny! :D  Although now that you mention it, there was a distinct lack of show babes there this year.  Perhaps next year we should bring our own!

SlushPuppy

« Reply #63 on: 15 Oct 2012, 12:43 am »
Fritz did not make it this year

Thanks Laura!

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #64 on: 15 Oct 2012, 12:45 am »
Now THAT is funny! :D  Although now that you mention it, there was a distinct lack of show babes there this year.  Perhaps next year we should bring our own!

I'm glad you enjoyed it and took it in the spirit in which it was intended. Again, great job! :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #65 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:03 am »
A big thanks to Tyson & Jason for devoting so much of your time and energy for the AC community whom are unfortunately unable to attend this audio show. If I ever make even 1 audio show in whats left of my lifetime, it'll be RMAF. I love high altitudes as I've been there most of my adult life.  :smoke:  :wink:

Cheers,
Robin

Scott F.

« Reply #66 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:21 am »
Great job guys :thumb: Wish we could have made it this year.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #67 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:26 am »
Thanks again guys.  For an RMAF veteran like myself, so distraught not making it this year, I was saved by your comments and coverage.  And I think the running comparisons based on the four selections of music, was a great idea!  Also, I think it works doubly well that the two of you have such different tastes, or at least different priorities when it comes to good sound.  That way, when there is consensus one has to think that room/setup knocked it out of the park. 

WGH

« Reply #68 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:31 am »
Once again you guys hit it a home run, every year just gets better.

Wayne

Tyson

« Reply #69 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:50 am »
Thanks all!!!  The kudos are really appreciated :D

Tyson

« Reply #70 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:57 am »
A big thanks to Tyson & Jason for devoting so much of your time and energy for the AC community whom are unfortunately unable to attend this audio show. If I ever make even 1 audio show in whats left of my lifetime, it'll be RMAF. I love high altitudes as I've been there most of my adult life.  :smoke:  :wink:

Cheers,
Robin

I am voting yes on Prop 64 to legalize recreational mary jane here.  Almost passed 2 years ago, I think it will actually go through this year.

highfilter

« Reply #71 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:58 am »
Yes! Thank you guys for all the coverage and effort! Coming from a guy out here in Canada.  :thumb:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #72 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:08 am »
A big thanks to Tyson & Jason for devoting so much of your time and energy for the AC community whom are unfortunately unable to attend this audio show. If I ever make even 1 audio show in whats left of my lifetime, it'll be RMAF. I love high altitudes as I've been there most of my adult life:smoke:  :wink:

Cheers,
Robin

:lol:

tdangelo

« Reply #73 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:09 am »
Tyson/Pez, it was really great to meet you guys - my wife and I enjoyed dinner with you both and all the other Audiocircle guys/gals Friday night.  Thanks for the great show coverage.

The live performance of Fan-Ya Lin Saturday night on the Steinway was simply incredible - I was in tears most of the performance.

Tony

gold

« Reply #74 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:11 am »
I have to admit it was interesting seeing your posts the last few days.  Thanks...

Tyson

« Reply #75 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:12 am »
Thanks again guys.  For an RMAF veteran like myself, so distraught not making it this year, I was saved by your comments and coverage.  And I think the running comparisons based on the four selections of music, was a great idea!  Also, I think it works doubly well that the two of you have such different tastes, or at least different priorities when it comes to good sound.  That way, when there is consensus one has to think that room/setup knocked it out of the park. 

Yes, Jason is the soundstage and imaging guy, will I am the more tone and dynamics guy.  Not that I don't like sounstage and imaging, but rather it's just not me raison d'etre.  And the inverse is true for Jason.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #76 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:16 am »
I am voting yes on Prop 64 to legalize recreational mary jane here.  Almost passed 2 years ago, I think it will actually go through this year.

this is something i have never understood - alcohol is so much more dangerous than marijuana, and wasn't a constitutional amendment needed to make it illegal?   :scratch:  seems to me that marijuana's being illegal is blatantly unconstitutional... 

doug s.

Rx8man

« Reply #77 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:26 am »
When the wonderful government imposes a tax it'll become legal, all about the money.

Tyson

« Reply #78 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:27 am »
If you guys get my RMAF coverage thread binned because of a political discussion, I will hunt you down and kill you.  Stop it, and stop it now.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #79 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:39 am »
After seeing the prices of stuff out there and in the new issue of TAS, think I'm happy enough just to stay home and enjoy the music.  But, thanks for the great coverage, P&T.