Veracity HT2s In Da House-First Impression

Sparks

« on: 10 Mar 2006, 03:29 am »
I was feeling poorly last night and today so I stayed home from work.
Bing Bong
Fedex with my 3 HT2s.
Funny, but I perked up a bit.
Carefully unwrap & inspect. Pristine condition.
As everyone else says, pictures don't do these justice.
Satin black, 2 bronze cones and a silver ribbon.
Perfect.
I'll briefly excerpt the e-mail I send to Jim.
Please don't snicker too loud.
When Van Alstine spoke of the 1st 3 second thing, I just experienced it.

I have never heard this recording with the clarity, balance, detail, realism and "rightness"  that it now portrays.
The imaging is better than I can ever remember hearing and I've heard a lot over the last 30+ years.
The speakers absolutely disappear.
I cannot emphasize this enough, they were not there period.
The soundstage was life-sized & 3-dimensional, not exaggerated, not collapsed, a real human singing and playing a real guitar.
I stood in between the speakers and could look and listen into the soundfield, I was in the music.
Gosh Jim, it almost brings tears to your eyes it's so beautiful and real.

The above is with my system in it's temporary home in the living room.
A very non-optimal setup, My music room should be finished the middle of next month. I can hardly wait.

I've told a couple friends about the HT2s. Inevitably, the price comes up.
To some, these are incredibly expensive "toys".
Not to me. These beauties are a bargain.
Time for some more music.
Thanks Jim.
Thanks Dennis.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: Veracity HT2s In Da House-First Impression
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2006, 02:34 pm »
Hi  Well, I'm glad your sick leave didn't go to waste.  I would like to say that I agonized over imaging quality when I did the crossover, but I was only able to listen to this design in mono.  I had one floor stander cabinet cut for the 110 lcy tweet, and one bookshelf cabinet like yours cut for an OEM version that turned out to have a very different response in the lower treble.  I did a crossover for that one, but it didn't work out as well and didn't match all that closely with the 110 version, so I didn't really pick up on anything special when I listened to the two tegether in stereo.  When Jim built your pairs and listened in stereo, he immediately commented to me on the imaging.  I think it's just a question of the very wide, smooth dispersion of the lcy tweeter coupled with careful attention to phase integration in the crossover region.  The radiation pattern of the MTM might have something to do with it, but I'm not sure about that.  Anyhow-I (and I'm sure Jim) are happy that you won't be returning them anytime soon.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2006, 10:28 pm »
I'm stoked to see a picture or get some info on the floorstanding version of the HT2's, presumably forthcoming soon. :)

Got any pics of yours, Sparks?

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2006, 02:08 am »
Rob -

Here is a picture of Spark's "stealth" speaks.  I thought I had posted it before, but perhaps not.

- Jim

Sparks

HT2 Short Follow Up
« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2006, 12:52 am »
Sorry I haven't posted a more thorough review of the HT2s.
Putting in overtime on the HT room.

Suffice to say that these speakers are just what I wanted. Whenever I have spare time I am rediscovering my music collection again.
I've had a couple marathon listening sessions, something I haven't done in years. I don't start out intending to listen for 4 hours straight, it just happens.

Several friends, a couple of musicians, music lovers and some who are pretty indifferent have all commented on how beautiful the HT2s sound.

One of the formerly indifferent friends is saving to purchase a pair.

I know these will never get the attention that the HT3s do but believe me they are fine speakers that reveal what is in the recording.

I am looking forward to having the room complete and the "real" system in place to fully appreciate what these guys can do..