Incredarray listening impressions

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #20 on: 27 Sep 2004, 04:51 pm »
Quote from: Rick Craig
My experience with HiVi's woofers wasn't very positive, one of the worst drivers I've ever measured. The planar ribbons are o.k. but their quality control has been inconsistent. The Fountek ribbons don't cost that much more and they perform better.

Rick

re: the hi-vi woofers, that's why i asked - any other suggestions for decent-quality reasonably priced woofers?

re: the tweeters, that's where taste, i guess, comes in to play.  assuming the founteks are similar to the aurum cantus tweets, then i think the hi-vi tweets are much better...

regards,

doug s.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 27 Sep 2004, 05:05 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
My experience with HiVi's woofers wasn't very positive, one of the worst drivers I've ever measured. The planar ribbons are o.k. but their quality control has been inconsistent. The Fountek ribbons don't cost that much more and they perform better.

Rick

re: the hi-vi woofers, that's why i asked - any other suggestions for decent-quality reasonably priced woofers?

re: the tweeters, that's where taste, i guess, comes in to play.  assuming the founteks are similar to the aurum cantus tweets, then i think the hi-vi tweets are much better...

regards,

doug s.

Depending on what your budget is there are several 5-5.5" drivers that mate well with the Hi-Vi planars. The Seas aluminum cone drivers are a good buy and not very expensive. The Silver Flute woofers are also a good choice and only cost about $15 each.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #22 on: 27 Sep 2004, 06:37 pm »
Depending on what your budget is there are several 5-5.5" drivers that mate well with the Hi-Vi planars. The Seas aluminum cone drivers are a good buy and not very expensive. The Silver Flute woofers are also a good choice and only cost about $15 each.

thanks rick, i will keep this info in mind for a possible future project.

regards,

doug s.