AVA at Axpona, Room 432

avahifi

AVA at Axpona, Room 432
« on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:49 pm »
We will be at Axpona again this weekend, sharing a room with SalkSound and their great speakers.

New this year and being shown for the first time:

Vision Class A solid state preamp, base price $899

Vision DAC with Class A solid state filter/output circuits, base price $899

Vision adjustable phono preamp, for both MM and MC phono cartridges, price $499.

More about them at our web site, www.avahifi.com of course.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Mary

• Industry Participant
  • AVA Associate
Re: AVA at Axpona, Room 432
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2015, 07:21 pm »
For those of you not able to attend, watch the live broadcast at 10 a.m. Saturday, the 25th. Frank will be doing a show and tell with our new vision phono preamplifier. You may also do a live chat to ask questions directly. Here is the link .
www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/AXPONA_2015/AXPONA_Live_Stream.htm

EaRich

• Great music & a jiggling fishing pole = priceless!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2015, 08:37 pm »
Thanks for the link Mary....I'll at least be there in spirit!    8)

Earl

Tom Alverson

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2015, 11:13 pm »
For those of you not able to attend, watch the live broadcast at 10 a.m. Saturday, the 25th. Frank will be doing a show and tell with our new vision phono preamplifier. You may also do a live chat to ask questions directly. Here is the link .
www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/AXPONA_2015/AXPONA_Live_Stream.htm

Here is the clip, Frank comes in around the 2:30 mark:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/61526254

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2015, 03:04 am »
The "host" reminded me of the Dan Aykroyd shyster salesman character from the early days of SNL. Is he for real? What's with the shades? The things you have to go through to sell audio equipment these days...

SJ David

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2015, 04:23 am »
The "host" reminded me of the Dan Aykroyd shyster salesman character from the early days of SNL. Is he for real? What's with the shades? The things you have to go through to sell audio equipment these days...

Steve Rochlin is the host. You can check out more about him on the enjoythemusic.com website. Can't speak on the shades but that is personality, a bit hyper but totally regular person in terms of personal interaction. Apparently has a lot of toys to play with including audio and autos.

dB Cooper

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2015, 11:03 am »
Thing that struck me was he always looked like he was staring off into space, watching himself on a monitor rather than making eye contact with his guest(s). Also the ads that interrupt guests in mid-sentence were hugely annoying, but I guess ustream has to pay for their hosting somehow.

Enjoyed seeing Frank though, a straight shooter in a crowd filled with hucksters.

mav52

« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm »
Thing that struck me was he always looked like he was staring off into space, watching himself on a monitor rather than making eye contact with his guest(s). Also the ads that interrupt guests in mid-sentence were hugely annoying, but I guess ustream has to pay for their hosting somehow.

Agree, very annoying.  I could only watch it a few and that's it. 

aln

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2015, 03:36 pm »
How did it go at axpona?

avahifi

« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2015, 07:33 pm »
Axpona went very well for us I think.

My interview with Steve Rochlin of Enjoy the Music is now posted at their web site.  It is now glitch and commercial free.  :)

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_2015/videos/

I got my photo taken holding my new Vision phono preamp by Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile and it is posted at his Axpona writeup.  Pretty decent photo.  :)

We got darn good sound sharing the room with Jim Salk.  The Soundscape 8s and Exotica Three speakers both performed great driven by AVA Fet Valve electronics.

This year most people stayed and listened rather then the pop head in and out of the door.  Many came back several times.  Lots of fun.

Frank