Anyone watching GoT now that it's back?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Anyone watching GoT now that it's back?
« on: 8 Apr 2014, 03:48 am »
I kind of lost interest in the show to a degree.  You get 10 weeks of show, then a year of nothing.  You just start to figure out who's who and they kill everyone.  And nothing ever seems to really happen.  Still, the teaser trailer did get me looking forward to it...What the hell?  It's just 10 episodes, right?  Might as well watch it again. :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Anyone watching GoT now that it's back?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2014, 04:03 am »
I plan to buy the whole series at the very end when they release it on disc is I can watch all over again. :)
Right now, I just keep watching it but can't really follow all of the characters...too many of them. ;)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2014, 04:32 am »
Give it a few weeks and half of them will be dead. :lol:

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2014, 08:18 am »
Give it a few weeks and half of them will be dead. :lol:

Funny  :D

We're looking forward to Season 4. Will Daenerys finally get to Westeros? Enough wandering around in the desert already!

However we will have to wait until about this time next year as we just rent the whole season and watch it in one hit (over several days). And Season 3 was only a couple of weeks ago. I don't take it seriously, it's a fun thing to have for a vacation week. I have to say, when I returned the rental, I even said to the proprietor that that one was was a bit on the gruesome side.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2014, 10:46 am »
Watched it last night with my wife. She loves it, I don't really get it.

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2014, 09:44 pm »
I enjoy it most of the time. Always watch it...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2014, 04:39 am »
For those who haven't caught up to the last episode yet I won't spoil it, except to say FINALLY! :lol: :thumb:

mca

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2014, 05:29 am »
GoT? What show is it?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2014, 06:42 am »
Game of Thrones on HBO.

Chazro

« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2014, 07:56 pm »
For those who haven't caught up to the last episode yet I won't spoil it, except to say FINALLY! :lol: :thumb:

Having read the entire series a while ago (believe it or not, the books are even better!), I was waiting for this to happen for awhile now.  It was well worth the wait!  I think it's telling that even though a) I feel the books are better and b) I obviously know what's going to happen WAY in advance, that the Series is SO well done that it's still a total pleasure to watch it unfold before my eyes.

Tonight - ORPHAN BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2014, 05:47 am »
Found this interesting Infographic on the houses through the first 4 seasons (with spoilers for 5 and 6 if you wish to see them)

http://fishfinger.me/game-of-thrones

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jun 2014, 06:27 pm »
Oh my! :o  Just when I think the show can no longer shock me! :lol:  The climactic trial-by-combat did not fail to drop jaws I expect. :icon_twisted:

BobM

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jun 2014, 07:33 pm »
All I can say is ... wait till you see what happens next! The seasons always seem to build to a dramatic and totally unexpected ending and this one will not disappoint if it follows the path of the books.

guf

« Reply #13 on: 2 Jun 2014, 07:37 pm »
Oh my! :o  Just when I think the show can no longer shock me! :lol:  The climactic trial-by-combat did not fail to drop jaws I expect. :icon_twisted:

I've listened to the books, read the wiki, know what's going to happen and I was totally shocked last night.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 2 Jun 2014, 09:12 pm »
It's funny seeing people's reactions! :lol:  My sister watched Season 1 and was so mad when they killed off Ned Stark that she quit watching the series altogether. :duh:  The main thing that makes GoT such a great show is the terrific cast and production, but the second best thing is the unpredictability of it.  True, the show deals in tropes and second tier fantasy cliches but the fact that the story has no loyalty to any character keeps it really fresh.  It's hard to imagine anyone is safe on that show- there are some I am speculating won't/can't be killed off but really you never know.

FWIW I haven't read the books and probably never will.  I don't get irate if someone 'spoils' things by talking about the books but overall I'm content to wait and see what happens each week.  It's cool to be surprised by something, since that almost never happens with movies or TV shows.

AKLegal

« Reply #15 on: 2 Jun 2014, 09:40 pm »
I've listened to the books, read the wiki, know what's going to happen and I was totally shocked last night.

Yeah GoT really seems to be spoiler proof.  I can't wait to see the next episodes even though I know whats going to happen.  If the show wasn't so well done this would not be the case. 

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 2 Jun 2014, 09:45 pm »
The last scene was shocking even though the Viper's name might as well have been Ahab...  :wink:

JackD201

« Reply #17 on: 3 Jun 2014, 12:25 am »
I'm waiting for the season to end si I can get the whole thing and just binge. I've done that 3 in a row now. I'm also not peaking at your posts for fear of spoilers.  :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 3 Jun 2014, 03:57 am »
Well, I'm usually pretty careful about dropping any real spoilers without a *** WARNING! *** :lol:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #19 on: 3 Jun 2014, 04:42 pm »
Late to the party but I tried to watch the first episode from the first season. Not sure what the attraction is, but this genre does nothing for me. Unlike Breaking Bad, which was pretty amazing right from the opening scene, I couldn't even finish the first episode of GoT.
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2014, 06:37 pm by Wind Chaser »