New A/V-2 info up

Danny Richie

New A/V-2 info up
« on: 11 Jun 2003, 11:58 pm »
Since all the A/V series speakers are now using variations of our latest 5.25" woofers we decided to keep it simple. So the A/V-1+ will now simply be referred to as the A/V-2.

http://www.gr-research.com/performer/av1plus.htm

There are several new pages up associated with this kit. You guys let me know if you find any typo's.

JoshK

New A/V-2 info up
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2003, 12:36 am »
What veneer is that?  That looks fantastic! Mahogany?

stealth

New A/V-2 info up
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2003, 01:03 am »
"The A/V-1+'s are designed to be stand mounted on stands that are 24" to 29" tall."

Didnt notice anything else, other then the link under "DIY KITS" still says A/V-1+

Brian Bunge

New A/V-2 info up
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2003, 01:21 am »
Josh,

It's been a while since we built those cabinets.  It is either cherry or maple veneer (I think maple, but am not sure) with a medium red mahogany dye applied.

srmc

Still 4 ohms?
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2003, 03:55 am »
With the new 16 ohm M-130 will you be offering an 8 ohm version of the AV-2?  I purchased the AV-3 (I think I got the last kit) and part of what pushed me to the AV-3 was that it was 8 ohms rather than 4 ohms.  My receiver could probably handle the load, but I felt better sticking to an 8 ohm speaker.  Whenever I finally find the time to build my speakers, I plan on selling my current ones to fund the purchase of a new center channel.  I like the AV-2, but I'd still like an 8 ohm load.  Any chance?

SRMC

Danny Richie

New Models
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2003, 04:00 pm »
The 8 ohm version of the A/V-2 will be the new A/V-3. Both use the same front baffle and grill.

It will be available several ways.

First in a floor standing transmission line enclosure that has 1.4 cubic feet of air space total. No stand will be needed of coarse. Bass response is tight and well controlled and extends to a -3db at 40Hz.

There will also be a sealed stand mounted version just like the A/V-2. The enclosure size is only .55 cubic feet. This can be used as left or right mains or as a center channel. It does not play down as low in this configuration and is -3db down at 90Hz, but the roll off is much more gradual with a -6db down at 68Hz.

Both versions can also be purchased shielded or unshielded.

Val

New A/V-2 info up
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2003, 04:11 pm »
Incidentally Danny, what about the tests you promised of the Criterion with a lower crossover frequency, I guess 2.6kHz or so?

Danny Richie

Criterion's
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2003, 04:50 pm »
I have in the to do list Val. I just have too much to do at once.

I almost ran out of tweeters twice now. They get air freighted in 20 units at a time so it does not allow me the inventory level that I like to keep. Another shipment will be here in just a few days from now.

I didn't want to tie up a pair that would need to go out within the next few days.

I'll get to it.

Val

New A/V-2 info up
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2003, 05:10 pm »
No rush, just keeping the fire close enough. :D

Val