If you ever wanted a deal on LS-6 or LS-9 kits now is your chance.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
You and your wife are more than welcome to take a flight to LA to listen to my LS6 in case there's none in your area.

I"ll even pick you guys up at the airport.
Does anyone know of a way to listen to LS6's (or LS9's) somewhere in the Seattle, WA area?  My wife is dying to know what I'm spending all this money on.  She thinks my Polk's are fine (which they are, but I want better than 'fine').

I've been able to audition Axiom's in this area before, and that worked out great.  Hoping to do the same with the LS6's.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
They'd likely end up returning home with some ACA LCR's instead! :thumb:

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant

They didn't pre-drill pilot holes for the drivers! :o

Be careful...

Ruben

freerider

Is pre-drilling holes recommended to prevent splitting in the veneer?

Hugh, thanks for the invite!  Unfortunately, with 2 small boys, we don't travel much or get on airplanes very often, but I'll keep your offer in mind.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Ruben,

Agreed 100%.

Thanks,

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Ah, the joy of having 2 small boys. :)

I know the feeling real well since we have 3 boys ourselves (they are all much bigger now) and back then it's a real job to keep an eye on them.

I might be in your area pretty soon for a gtg so let's keep in touch.

By the way, enjoy and treasure your boys while they're still young and cute.  The next thing you'd know, they'll be all grown up and big and just want to be with their friends. :)
Is pre-drilling holes recommended to prevent splitting in the veneer?

Hugh, thanks for the invite!  Unfortunately, with 2 small boys, we don't travel much or get on airplanes very often, but I'll keep your offer in mind.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Ruben,

Agreed 100%.

Thanks,

Reguarding your LCR's? :wink:

I can send you a self centering pilot bit that would save you time and minimize damage risk if you'd need it.

Ruben

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
That too. ;) :)

Sure, if you can send me that bit, it'd help a great deal.

I'll buy you a big lunch at RMAF.

Thanks Ruben.
Reguarding your LCR's? :wink:

I can send you a self centering pilot bit that would save you time and minimize damage risk if you'd need it.

Ruben

Danny Richie

Looks to me like they didn't install the box for the tweeters.  :slap:

freerider

Be careful...

Ruben

Is that a recent picture of the cabinets they are selling?  If so, then we have a growing list of concerns...no pilot holes, and no box for the BG Neo8.8 tweeters.

I think that the tweeter box is a major issue, right? :?  I hope mine doesn't come that way...  Pilot holes are not a big deal for me, but the tweeter box.... :(

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
It's been remedied.

Thanks for your guidance Danny. :)
Looks to me like they didn't install the box for the tweeters.  :slap:

sveetsnelda

Be careful...

Ruben

Were those from AV123?  Mine ended up having the pilot holes (and the box for the tweeters)...  Both sets, in fact.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
That too. ;) :)

Sure, if you can send me that bit, it'd help a great deal.

I'll buy you a big lunch at RMAF.

Thanks Ruben.

Anytime Hugh.

Just tell me where to send it!

I'm looking forward to that lunch. :thumb:

dlynch34

Were those from AV123?  Mine ended up having the pilot holes (and the box for the tweeters)...  Both sets, in fact.

av123 is having a 50 percent deal on the ls6 b stock cabinets!  for 299!! IF I thought I could fit them in my hometheater I would jump on this!  my room is only 18x20 however.  Anyone know if the LS4 will be sold as a kit?

Don

mms3

Anyone know if the LS4 will be sold as a kit?

I'd like to know this too.  Danny, if that is an option, what would the price be?  And do you have any measurements on them?

Danny Richie

I have an LS-4 cabinet setting here waiting for testing. As soon as I have the time for it then I will see what I can do with it. If it works out then I will also make it available as a kit.

freerider

Danny,
Is there a detailed list somewhere of what comes in the LS6 kits?  I'd also like to learn a little bit more about the crossovers in this kit.  Is there information on them somewhere?

One of my concerns is that I'll have to have my LS6's 10" from the back wall, which I heard could cause boomy bass, unless the bass is tweaked by a crossover setting?  I like to know more about that, what the setting does, etc.

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
I'm in!  Just ordered LS6 cabinets.

dvenardos

Didn't you say that an LS-4 wouldn't have a good off-axis response? I wouldn't think that would work well for home theater.

I have an LS-4 cabinet setting here waiting for testing. As soon as I have the time for it then I will see what I can do with it. If it works out then I will also make it available as a kit.

That close to the wall a front ported N3 would probably be your best choice.

One of my concerns is that I'll have to have my LS6's 10" from the back wall, which I heard could cause boomy bass, unless the bass is tweaked by a crossover setting?  I like to know more about that, what the setting does, etc.

Danny Richie

Everything that you need, minus the dampening material, comes in the kit.

The crossover must be point to point wired but is easy to assemble. I recently posted a sticky on how to assemble crossovers. You see it at the top of the threads in my circle.

Here is an assembled LS-9 network.

There is an adjustable bass management system that will allow quite a bit of flexibility in the bottom end. However, room treatment, tube traps, etc are recommended and will really be helpful across the back wall (behind the speakers).

LS-4's will have good off axis response in the horizontal plane but limited vertical dispersion due to it's short line length. So one must be seated with the ear near the middle of the line to get the proper balance.