Houston Audio Society - Saturday, April 13th Meeting

FredT300B

• Facilitator
The next Houston Audio Society meeting will be on Saturday, April 13th, from 11:00 AM, at my house in the West Houston Suburbs. The topic is tube amplifier kits. We will hear two tube amps that were built from kits: the eight watt/ch Sonic Frontiers Assemblage brand 300B stereo amp and the 25 watt Oddwatt Audio OddBlock KT88 class A monoblocks. The speakers we will use are a new full range single driver open back speakers featuring Dayton Audio PS220-8 full range drivers with Eminence Alpha 15A H-frame subwoofers. In addition to spinning a few CD's on this system we'll also hear a comparison of digital and analog sound, using CD and vinyl versions of Van Morrison's "Moondance" album. The CD player is a Cambridge Audio 840C. The turntable is  a VPI Classic with a Dynavector DV20X cartridge and a Sutherland Ph3D battery powered phono preamp. The CD will be cued in sync with the record so we can do a real-time on-the-fly A/B comparison.

We'll also hear a different system in another part of the house featuring my DIY DR912a line array spekaers. Each 7' 8" tower incorporates nine BG Neo 8 PDR tweeters and twelve 7" Dayton Audio RS180 midwoofers, with a single TC Sounds Epic 12 subwoofer. The line arrays are actively crossed over and equalized using a DEQX pre-pro.

Meeting information and directions are posted here: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonaudio/

jimdgoulding

Re: Houston Audio Society - Saturday, April 13th Meeting
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2013, 10:13 pm »
Sounds like potential for a great meet, Fred.  I'm a gonna try and join the festivities.