FS: DODD 12B4A VARIABLE GAIN, BATTERY POWERED PRE-AMP - PRICE DROP

StereoNut

FOR SALE: DODD 12B4A VARIABLE GAIN, BATTERY POWERED PRE-AMP WITH REMOTE - PRICE DROP

No exaggeration, this is a ONE-of-a-kind Pre-Amp.  I have the first and ONLY official (serial#1) 12B4A based variable gain pre-amp that Gary Dodd ever produced.  It is just about two (2) years old and is in excellent shape.  (It was built in December 2012 and delivered in January of 2013)  Custom Cocobolo wood faceplate, remote and knobs.  The reason why this is such a rare and desired pre-amp is because Gary no longer makes variable gain pre-amps.  Another advantage of this model pre-amp vs. his older production units is that it uses 12B4A tubes which are much less expensive than the 6H30 model, especially if you're talking about N.O.S. 6H30's.

This pre-amp is one of the most neutral sounding pre-amps that I have ever heard in my system.  Even though it runs four (4) 12B4A tubes in it, it is extremely clear and clean sounding.  It's not "your father's Oldsmobile", if you're thinking of that old school "bloated" tube sound.  The Dodd is also quiet as can be by running "off the grid" via battery power.  Convenient remote controlled operation (volume only) makes this pre-amp a joy to own.

Original list price on this pre-amp was $2,500.  I am asking $1,500. - Price drop to $1,350 - Price drop to $1,250 or Best Offer for it, but will also include the necessary charger and battery with it.  Buyer pays shipping and insurance.

the C-Tek charger (a $74.99 value)
http://smartercharger.com/products/batterychargers/ctek-multi-us-3300/

and

PowerSonic 12V (PS-12260-F2) battery (a $67.95 value)
http://www.batteryuniverse.com/sealed-lead-acid/powersonic/ps-12260-f2/ps-12260-f2-powersonic-ps-12260-f2-sealed-lead-acid-battery

Post questions on thread for all to see.  PM me with offers privately.

Thanks for looking!
SN

P.S. - I also have extra sets of tubes available for this pre-amp for additional cost.

« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2015, 03:12 pm by StereoNut »

StereoNut

All reasonable offers will be considered. :)

StereoNut

>>> Price drop to $1,350 <<<

StereoNut

Bump!

StereoNut

>>> Price drop to $1,250 <<<

Captainhemo

This is a great price.  If I had the extra $$ right now, I'd be all over this .
Good luck  ,  you're going to make someone very happy  :thumb:

-jay

StereoNut

This is a great price.  If I had the extra $$ right now, I'd be all over this .
Good luck  ,  you're going to make someone very happy  :thumb:

-jay

Thanks, Jay! :thumb:

StereoNut

Maybe more of you are online today because of the snowstorm, so I thought I'd give this a "bump".  8)

Make me a reasonable offer and give this piece a new home! :thumb:

Thanks,
SN

StereoNut