What happened to Hawthorne Audio ?

Wind Chaser

Re: What happened to Hawthorne Audio ?
« Reply #20 on: 26 Oct 2017, 06:08 pm »
So I spoke with the new owner today. Not sure if I can spill the beans, but I can say with all certainty many of Darrel's products will continue and many of his other ideas are in development as we speak. Stay tuned...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #21 on: 26 Oct 2017, 07:13 pm »
Interesting. Is it the Canadians?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #22 on: 26 Oct 2017, 10:23 pm »
Very Canadian, but close to the border. Manufacturing in Kelowna BC, about an hour north of where I live, which is about another hour from the WA state line.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 26 Oct 2017, 10:39 pm »
Very Canadian, but close to the border. Manufacturing in Kelowna BC, about an hour north of where I live, which is about another hour from the WA state line.
Thank you. I assume the drivers are still the original ones designed by Darrel and built by Eminence?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #24 on: 26 Oct 2017, 11:01 pm »
Good news!

Kelowna is getting better every year.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #25 on: 27 Oct 2017, 12:00 am »
Thank you. I assume the drivers are still the original ones designed by Darrel and built by Eminence?

Yes, that is correct. But nothing sits still and there are some new product developments forthcoming, including DIY drop in replacement compression drivers and modular crossovers.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 27 Oct 2017, 01:47 am »
Yes, that is correct. But nothing sits still and there are some new product developments forthcoming, including DIY drop in replacement compression drivers and modular crossovers.
Roger that, thank you.

jdaun

« Reply #27 on: 1 Nov 2017, 03:45 pm »
@Wind Chaser  -

some new product developments forthcoming, including DIY drop in replacement compression drivers and modular crossovers.

That is exciting to hear!

I own a pair of Hawthorne Sterling Silver Iris (SSI) duets, and I've been exploring how to take them to the next level (specifically I'm looking at upgrading the wiring and crossover components - Jantzen coils, adding bypass caps).

But if there are upgraded compression drivers or crossovers in the pipe for the SSI that could totally change my plans, so I'd love to hear more.

Anything else you can share at this time? 

Thanks!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #28 on: 1 Nov 2017, 05:05 pm »
Anything else you can share at this time? 

I have to call him about something else so I'll try fishing for a little more information.

orensemaj

« Reply #29 on: 4 Nov 2017, 12:47 am »
Hi,

I am very interested in a probable date that the Hawthorne Audio products might be available again. I have Duets and I am looking at purchasing another pair locally but I will wait if the new products won't be too long coming to market. If you are talking to the prospective new supplier for the products ask if he can give an estimated date for products to be available. Thanks.

James

jdaun

« Reply #30 on: 1 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm »
Hi Wind Chaser -

Curious if you managed to fish out any additional info you could share on the new Hawthorne Audio, and upcoming product offerings?

Thanks!

hatehifi

« Reply #31 on: 27 Oct 2023, 05:46 pm »
Hello and help, please…

For a friend I’m looking to make contact with the AMT tweeter once supplied by Hawthorne: Sierra Performance Labs‘ 700 LM 12 O American made Transducer. I’m as well as my friend located in Germany. The German importer (audio int‘l), Herman Hoffmann, has passed on (R.I.P.), and now my friend cannot meet orders for his upscale line of speakers [designed over three years!] for lack of the supplier!

Thanks so much for any and all help. Kindly PM me if possible.

Again, Mille Grazie!
John

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #32 on: 27 Oct 2023, 09:25 pm »
This is indeed wonderful news. The original speakers were built with beautiful woods and craftsmanship reeking of love. The drivers, crossovers and configurations were also quite excellent. I wish them a growing bevy of customers and long-lived success!