Adire's AVA250 versus DT300

audionutter

Adire's AVA250 versus DT300
« on: 19 May 2003, 02:45 am »
Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie in here . Hope you'll be able to give me some advice about the two plate amps above. What I am wondering is how much of a difference in sound quality would there be between using the DT300 and AVA250 to power a 15" Tempest in a 0.707Q sealed box? The sub would be run at a crossover frequency of 50Hz fed by the dedicated sub out of a Tag McLaren AV32R processor (processor does the frequency cut off so the crossover capabilities/differences of DT300 and AVA250 is irrelevant). My impression is that a sub plate amp should have adequate power with distortion being a secondary concern, so how noticeable is the difference in sound quality between the DT300 and AVA250 seeing the power difference is only 50W? Any advice/opinions much appreciated Thanks!

KevinW

Probably none
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 05:10 am »
I doubt that the 50 watts makes any appreciable difference sound quality.  The factors that make a difference are price, crossover options, and energy consumption (heat dissipation), with the digital being significantly better in the latter regard.