I breathe real loudly with headphones

stlrman

I breathe real loudly with headphones
« on: 6 Dec 2017, 12:51 pm »
My wife says she can hear me breathing across the room , almost like I'm hyperventilating, but not that fast . My daughter says the same thing to me .
I breathe at a normal volume usually.
Anybody else been told that breathe really loudly when HP listening?

Bendingwave

• Restricted
Re: I breathe real loudly with headphones
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2017, 01:31 pm »
Ive experienced it even though nobody has told me that I was breathing loud. I just noticed the heavy breathing on my own once I became aware of my surroundings from waking up from my musical trance....as for the reasons, I have no legit factual reasons just a lot of assumptions like maybe ear fatigue or ear pressure from fatigue disrupting my normal breathing pattern to even including a psychological disorder. LOL

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2017, 04:53 pm »
The brain burns a lot of sugar when it's active, like listening to music. Body muscles may also tense while listening. Energy requires oxygen, so you breath deeper and faster. At rest the brain burns 25% of body energy. When you turn up brain activity it can go much higher.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2017, 11:10 pm »
The brain burns a lot of sugar when it's active, like listening to music. Body muscles may also tense while listening. Energy requires oxygen, so you breath deeper and faster. At rest the brain burns 25% of body energy. When you turn up brain activity it can go much higher.

I guess that would depend on each individual person combined with other factors like the type of music one is listening too as I am very relaxed when listening to slow jazz or soothing soft vocals, even to the point of putting me to sleep or in a very deep calm trance like state......others could have the opposite effect of listening to different types of music like hard rock which could make one relive there first live concert experience which could increase adrenaline and heart rate/BP due to the excitement.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2017, 11:33 pm »
Never heard about it, next step your wife will tell you snore too loud.

dB Cooper

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2017, 02:51 am »

Every time I go to an art exhibit or concert, I feel like taking a nap afterward. Maybe this is why.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2018, 07:31 pm »
There's also the likelihood that without headphones you can subconsciously hear yourself breathing and that regulates how loud you get... but with headphones, the regulating factor is gone.