Acer Monitor wonders ?

2bigears

Acer Monitor wonders ?
« on: 16 Sep 2017, 04:55 pm »
 :D. Darn stuff don't play nice together .  The monitor has four inputs yet only likes the computer input. The multi pin.  I thought I could plug a play a BD player via receiver into hdmi input on the monitor.  This electronic stuff is a pita sometimes.  I can get sound this way.  No vid ?    Anybody know a wonder cure for this ?  :D

John Casler

Re: Acer Monitor wonders ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2017, 06:00 pm »
I am not a tech guy, but you may have to either adjust the resolution of the source output downward, or the monitor upward.

I have a small Acer and I had to go down to 720p for it to work.  May be different with different models of course.

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2017, 06:38 pm »
  thanks.  It's a 32" HD monitor.  I really thought any source could go into the hdmi outlets.  This
     electronic stuff is funny.  But I guess these monitors are for punters first and foremost.  I just didn't
       want to buy a tv,,,,     :D

srb

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2017, 06:57 pm »
But I guess these monitors are for punters first and foremost.

What's a "punter"?

What's the model of the monitor?

Steve

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2017, 07:59 pm »
 :D sorry.  Lazy me.  Computer.  The model is B32HUL.  Thanks.   :D

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2017, 11:37 pm »
Did you mean B326HUL for the model number? You might have a bad monitor, but probably not.

I would first confirm that that yuou get get an image on the Acer hdmi input using a computer. One you have confirmed this, you can move on to troubleshooting why the Acer hdmi input is not working with the BD player.

There may be a setting on BD player that needs to be changed. What is the model of it?

2bigears

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2017, 01:09 am »
 :D sorry.   I missed the 6 ..  yes.  I had a cheap Samsung BD player.  And a PS3 .  I could get sound through the receiver ,, no pic.  I was thinking a singnal is a signal.  This should be plug and play.    Ha.   I'm such a dreamer ,    Ha.    :D