WTT Classic bearing well replacement

mloutfie

WTT Classic bearing well replacement
« on: 5 Aug 2017, 03:59 am »
Hi All,

New owner of WTT Classic with square motor. Upon setup I notice there is a wobble on the platter. the only remedy I've found so far is to pull the motor away from the plinth increasing the tension of the belt. I've tried some parts from a friends WTT Classic which is running properly. I've put his mottor, bearing, platter and belt in mine and the wobble is still there pointing the issue is the well itself.

Looking at the bearing there is no obvious wear (noting there is a difference in the nylon bearing point my friends is flat where mine seems to have a small nub on it) the screw for the bearing point seems to be stuck and not able to be adjusted. I wonder if anybody know if it's possible to source a replacement bearing well for the wtt classic?

Thanks

Apesbrain

Re: WTT Classic bearing well replacement
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2017, 08:40 pm »
Is it possible your bearing cup somehow got misaligned/twisted?  Hard to describe, but the two bearing points at the top of the cup should be aligned to form an isosceles triangle to the motor spindle.  Some cups had an alignment indicator on the top edge that should be pointed to the motor spindle.