HELP! Need Replacement CMB or Ceramic Shaft for Clearaudio Innovation

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
Hello fellow Vinyl Fans! I have a need for a replacement CMB for my Clearaudio Innovation Wood Turntable. I had to move my deck to another location and when I removed the Platter, the darn Ceramic Shaft slipped out and fell. Now it has a crack, which renders it totally useless!! I am being told that Clearaudio doesn't replace just the ceramic shaft and being quoted an outrageous amount for the replacement CMB. I will likely need to donate a kidney if I want to use this table again! If anyone knows of a way for me to acquire a replacement CMB at a reasonable cost, it would be much appreciated!

bacobits1

I have a CMB in my Emotion SE i had previously purchased a CA table used (Forgot the model) and the bearing was snapped in shipping whatever, but that owner had to fix and replace it at the cost of $600 from Clearaudio.
Ouch!!!
Musical Surroundings is the distributor have you contacted them?

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
I have a CMB in my Emotion SE i had previously purchased a CA table used (Forgot the model) and the bearing was snapped in shipping whatever, but that owner had to fix and replace it at the cost of $600 from Clearaudio.
Ouch!!!
Musical Surroundings is the distributor have you contacted them?

I have contacted several dealers, all with bad news. What they're quoting me is a ridiculous $2K, which I view as stealing. I have a connection in Germany which I will need to contact to see if they can obtain it without the insane markup.

Toni Rambold

Afaik, the ceramic axis runs inside a sinterbronze-bushing. The adjustment is made individually by hand - that' s why you can't get a single ceramic axis.

Different Clearaudio tts have CMBs with different lenght:

OK - here are the current, corrected end-consumer prices in Germany inclusive 19% value added tax in bold.

18 mm - Emotion - 240 € / 320 €

28 mm - Champion, Champion Level 1, Champion Limited und Solution - 555 € / 640 €

38 mm - Ambient und Avantgarde - 630 € / 720 €

68 mm - Champion Level II, Master Solution, Maximum Solution und Avantgarde Magnum - 1050 € / 1180 €

78 mm-1 - Champion Level II SME und Anniversary - 1210 € / 1440 €

78 mm-2 - Master Reference - 1260 € / 1560 €

Regards  Toni
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2017, 10:48 am by Toni Rambold »

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
Afaik, the ceramic axis runs inside a sinterbronze-bushing. The adjustment is made individually by hand - that' s why you can't get a single ceramic axis.

Different Clearaudio tts have CMBs with different lenght:

18 mm - Emotion - 240 €

28 mm - Champion, Champion Level 1, Champion Limited und Solution - 555 €

38 mm - Ambient und Avantgarde - 630 €

68 mm - Champion Level II, Master Solution, Maximum Solution und Avantgarde Magnum - 1050 €

78 mm-1 - Champion Level II SME und Anniversary - 1210 €

78 mm-2 - Master Reference - 1260 €

Regards  Toni

Thanks Toni, I understand this is not a cheap part given the tolerances and processes involved. Still it's unfortunate that US dealers find it necessary to price gauge. All they're doing is forcing people to work with distributors outside the US. If you are able, please PM me with where I can obtain the above pricing and shipping to U.S.. Thanks a lot!

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
Problem Solved  :thumb: New Bearing in place and my Sonically Stunning Innovation Wood is once again Spinning Vinyl!!