Super Alnico High Output Speaker Short Review

Louis O

Re: Super Alnico High Output Speaker Short Review
« Reply #20 on: 9 Aug 2017, 01:58 am »
Hi nature boy,

Thanks and very kind of you. I'll definitely stop by if I'm in your area.
I would really like to hear your ZMA amp.

Thanks again,
Louis

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 9 Aug 2017, 02:14 am »
"I ONLY recommend Duelund cable to people with systems like yours but TBH they are few and far between which is why I'm discontinuing my use of Duelund wire."

Sorry. I thought that you were saying the opposite.

Glad to hear that you recommend Duelund for the Omega LTA combo.

We can certainly agree that "Duelund wire can sound great in some systems but not others" as that would be true of all cables ...perhaps, as you mention, in varying degree.

In my system Duelund definitely brings out "the presence of fine detail in vocals and acoustic instruments, the quality of the soundstage and imaging, the ability of the system to reproduce spatial information in the recording, whether there is natural and realistic sounding tone/timbre and more."

That is a perfect description of how my system sounds and why I mentioned it here in the Omega forum. I wanted to share this synergistic combination with others.

Sounds to me like we agree...

What really matters is we are happy with what we've got. There's no right or wrong.  :thumb:

I do have a bunch of Duelund 2.0 silver wire for a great price if you or anyone wants it. 4 8ft runs I used to test it out as speaker cable... could be used as speaker cable or to make a bunch of IC cables.

jimmieg

« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2017, 02:51 am »
Hello Nature Boy: I have a pair of super high output alnico monitors and currently using an Ayre ax7e in a 12x12 room, sitting about six feet away. Very curious about tubes and certain amps including Decware. Worried about tube noise. Is your system quiet?