Best (smooth and clear) sounding bluetooth speaker???

goskers

Re: Best (smooth and clear) sounding bluetooth speaker???
« Reply #40 on: 11 Jul 2017, 12:43 pm »
My vote would go to the JBL Charge 3. Sounds great, can charge another device if needed, good battery life and waterproof.  Will fill a pretty good sized space for its size.  Much larger would make traveling with it a bit difficult.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 11 Jul 2017, 01:05 pm »
Hmm good find Steve. We're going on vacation soon, so won't be dealing with any thing until we get back (I don't want a box sitting on my porch for a week while I'm out of town).

Adding an A/C portable powerpack would work, but now we're getting less and less "portable'.  :lol:

I'm a big fan of the "Charge" line, but don't need waterproof. The Charge II I've got is fantastic, but I like to experiment and try different things. Gotta get some new toys, ya know?  :wink:

raindance

« Reply #42 on: 17 Aug 2017, 10:11 pm »
The Rocketfish RF WSP313 from Best Buy is surprisingly good - mine gets a ton of use. Not sure if that model still exists.

flavo

« Reply #43 on: 18 Aug 2017, 03:08 am »
I'm in the same sort of boat as the OP originally posted.
There is a lot of great info in this set of reviews if you keep scrolling. The Deep Blue was the clear winner however.
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-home-bluetooth-speaker/

I was really hoping for something covered in wood though. Maybe a quality vinyl wrap?  :D

djdube525

« Reply #44 on: 18 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm »
I've been quite happy with our JBL L8... there is the "bigger brother" L16, but cost & space constraints led me to the L8

Connection Options: Bluetooth, WiFi, AirPlay, Wired...

Sound Vision Review

Link to Amazon

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #45 on: 12 Sep 2017, 11:21 pm »
I bought the JBL Charge 3 and it's way too boomy sounding. 

Are any of the rec's on this thread NOT bass heavy?  I'd much rather have clarity and snap over heavy bass.

Tyson

« Reply #46 on: 13 Sep 2017, 06:35 pm »
I bought the JBL Charge 3 and it's way too boomy sounding. 

Are any of the rec's on this thread NOT bass heavy?  I'd much rather have clarity and snap over heavy bass.

After a bit more research, I've ordered the Riva Audio Turbo X.  I'll keep the JBL Charge 3 on hand so I can do some direct comparisons.

ebag4

« Reply #47 on: 13 Sep 2017, 08:02 pm »
After a bit more research, I've ordered the Riva Audio Turbo X.  I'll keep the JBL Charge 3 on hand so I can do some direct comparisons.
A buddy of mine has this unit, I have listened to it many times.  I think you will like it, sounds great, good detail, I don't think we have ever had the battery give out in the middle of a listening session, although we probably haven't listened to it more than a few hours at a time.  It has decent bass output but needs some boundary reinforcement for best bass. 

Best,
Ed

Tyson

« Reply #48 on: 13 Sep 2017, 08:04 pm »
A buddy of mine has this unit, I have listened to it many times.  I think you will like it, sounds great, good detail, I don't think we have ever had the battery give out in the middle of a listening session, although we probably haven't listened to it more than a few hours at a time.  It has decent bass output but needs some boundary reinforcement for best bass. 

Best,
Ed

Thanks Ed!  Yes, there's other units I was looking at but they were all bigger and/or didn't have a battery.  Being highly portable was very high on the priority list.  Is it weird that I'm actually excited about a portable speaker?  Haha.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #49 on: 14 Sep 2017, 08:21 am »

nature boy

« Reply #50 on: 14 Sep 2017, 12:13 pm »
Tyson,

I think you'll like the Riva.  Got one for my daughter, she loves it.  They also make wi-fi enabled speakers now.

NB

Tyson

« Reply #51 on: 14 Sep 2017, 04:05 pm »
Tyson,

I think you'll like the Riva.  Got one for my daughter, she loves it.  They also make wi-fi enabled speakers now.

NB

I'm getting it for my daughter, too.  She's 10.  It's just an upgrade to allow her to have better sound when watching a youtube video or streaming music on her ipad.  Plus it will facilitate spontaneous dance-offs :)  That already happens, but it'll happen even more with something that has better sound than the iPad internal speakers.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #52 on: 14 Sep 2017, 05:07 pm »
I'm getting it for my daughter, too.  She's 10.  It's just an upgrade to allow her to have better sound when watching a youtube video or streaming music on her ipad.  Plus it will facilitate spontaneous dance-offs :)  That already happens, but it'll happen even more with something that has better sound than the iPad internal speakers.

I think we'll all need to see a video of any and all spontaneous dance-offs. Actually, and I might be wrong, but I think that's an AC rule.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #53 on: 14 Sep 2017, 05:24 pm »
"Videos, or it didn't happen".

Tyson

« Reply #54 on: 15 Sep 2017, 07:25 pm »
Got the Riva Turbo X today.  MUCH better than the JBL Charge 3.  The Riva's a keeper :thumb:

Tyson

« Reply #55 on: 15 Sep 2017, 07:31 pm »
I think we'll all need to see a video of any and all spontaneous dance-offs. Actually, and I might be wrong, but I think that's an AC rule.

I'd do it if I had even an ounce of rhythm in my body.  Sorry, only immediate family gets to see me dance... :banana piano:

nature boy

« Reply #56 on: 15 Sep 2017, 07:32 pm »
Got the Riva Turbo X today.  MUCH better than the JBL Charge 3.  The Riva's a keeper :thumb:

:thumb:

ebag4

« Reply #57 on: 11 Mar 2018, 07:38 pm »

I would agree with this, I returned the JBL and picked up the Riva, I was familiar with the Riva because a buddy has one, it didn’t take long listening to the JBL to know the Riva is better.

I’m bumping this old thread because there is a good deal on the Riva Turbo X right now.

The Riva Turbo X is available from Amazon for $129.00, I ordered one with the $29.00 case only to learn at checkout that the case was free due to a promotion running now.  That’s a great bargain, my buddy paid over $300.00 for the Riva by itself, the case is very nice as well.

Best,
Ed

JDoyle

« Reply #58 on: 12 Mar 2018, 01:00 am »
I would agree with this, I returned the JBL and picked up the Riva, I was familiar with the Riva because a buddy has one, it didn’t take long listening to the JBL to know the Riva is better.

I’m bumping this old thread because there is a good deal on the Riva Turbo X right now.

The Riva Turbo X is available from Amazon for $129.00, I ordered one with the $29.00 case only to learn at checkout that the case was free due to a promotion running now.  That’s a great bargain, my buddy paid over $300.00 for the Riva by itself, the case is very nice as well.

Best,
Ed

Hmmm, yes, thanks for posting, this has been on my radar, but I’m seeing $149.00 for the current deal with the case?  :scratch: not that $20.00 is a deal breaker, but $20 bucks is $20 bucks...

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #59 on: 12 Mar 2018, 01:29 am »
If your budget stretches to $300:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmm/