Brown Audio Labs SP-1B tube pre-amp

mick wolfe

Brown Audio Labs SP-1B tube pre-amp
« on: 29 Jun 2016, 04:37 pm »
Just finished reading a positive review of this full function tube pre in TAS. I did a complete double take when I got to the Specs&Pricing.... $850 for a full function 6SN7 based tube pre-amp. And by full function, I mean it has a MM phono section as well. No affiliation... but I thought it was well worth passing along.

richidoo

Re: Brown Audio Labs SP-1B tube pre-amp
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2016, 08:09 pm »

mick wolfe

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2016, 10:37 pm »
You're welcome. Yeah, seems there's more to see on his Facebook page than on his website.

denny9167

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2016, 02:03 am »
I thought I would chime in on  the conversation, and give a few more details. The review for me was very un-expected, I honestly thought that my preamp didn't deserve the kind of praise it received, I've done some other upgrades, and mods that will be standard on the pre, and adjust the final price. I'm working on getting more information on the web-site as well. Hope this helps.

solose40@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2017, 12:43 am »
I have one of Denny's line stage pre-amps as well as a phono pre-amp. All i can say is the sound is amazing. Absolutely amazing!!!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2017, 02:52 am »
I thought I would chime in on  the conversation, and give a few more details. The review for me was very un-expected, I honestly thought that my preamp didn't deserve the kind of praise it received, I've done some other upgrades, and mods that will be standard on the pre, and adjust the final price. I'm working on getting more information on the web-site as well. Hope this helps.

Nice builds. I like your use of FPE, Antek toroids, Mundorf caps, etc...good luck to you!

Best,
Anand

denny9167

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2017, 07:01 am »
The Antek’s are very good for the price! I’ve made several improvements in streamlineing production, and upgrades in general since this was started.

denny9167

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2018, 06:19 pm »
Here are few shots of one of the newer SP preamps, I’m now including a remote Volume as standard
Equipment.