L.K.S DAC in da house

restrav

L.K.S DAC in da house
« on: 29 Apr 2016, 02:59 pm »
As someone who backed LHLabs Pulse and also Geek project and waited for a year for them to go into production and has tried PS audio and many other american  and european DACs in the sub 2000 dollars categoty i must say that they all need to go home because they are drunk :D

there is no comparison. I could not believe the quality that i got when i hooked it up. this is the real deal. ill update with impressions in due time.

restrav

Re: L.K.S DAC in da house
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2016, 03:30 pm »

restrav

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2016, 12:31 pm »
Ordered a quartet of Burson's New opamps .... cant wait to try them in pllace of the OPA1612As in this DAC

navi

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2016, 01:59 pm »
I'm tempted to get one too.

How's the volume control at low volume?

restrav

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2016, 02:53 pm »
well just like any other digital volume the dynamics suffer horrendously at very low volumes. but i listen to it with the volume control bypassed and i use the volume on my integrated tube amp whoch has a motorized alp volume pot.

navi

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2016, 11:50 pm »
well just like any other digital volume the dynamics suffer horrendously at very low volumes. but i listen to it with the volume control bypassed and i use the volume on my integrated tube amp whoch has a motorized alp volume pot.

ok.
I have this on my list and the Gustard x-20U. Might end up with the Gustard because by the LKS would cost me about $1700 Australian Dollars compared to the x-20U whack will be $1100AUD

I've used the Burson V5's and they are def. a improvement over a standard op-amp

restrav

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2016, 03:33 pm »
Something really awesome happened.

so I ordered 4 of these @ $15 (LME 49860 ):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150724186632?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and 4 of these @ $150 (Burson V5i):
http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v5i/

to replace the OPA1612 in this DAC.

well the Burson is gonna take 10 days to get here but the TI chips just arrived 25 miutes ago and I installed them right away with the interntion to leave them playing for a good 100 hours before critical listening. Awesome thing is from the first note it is sounding so much better. not just in microdynamics but just the noise floor and distortion. sound is so much cleaner. it was so muffled before. it's quite an experience. i dint know why in the hell they would use them in the first place. this is crazy. anyway now i can actually say i love this component. mind you i have not heard the Gustard. chances are its as good or even better. honestly this DAC is more expensive just because of its ridiculously overbuilt Chassis and just how heavy it is.  that's what I suspect. anyway the sound is top notch now. from DA003 direct to my single ended triode KT88 integrated @ 15 watts.

restrav

« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2016, 04:05 pm »
what came out:

what went in: