Check out this bar in Sacramento

PMAT

Re: Check out this bar in Sacramento
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2015, 06:30 pm »
That's fantastic, I will have to visit next time I'm in Sac.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2015, 07:01 pm »
Very creative. ... :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2015, 07:45 pm »
I hope they fix the downspout before the next photo op.  Kind of like being photographed with your zipper down.  :lol: Clamp should have been on the bottom pipe.  :duh:  :roll:

Sounds like my kind of place if I drank, liked crowded places, driving downtown, and going out after dark once I have become all comfy at home.  :lol:  I live in the Sac burbs.  Maybe my buddies will kidnap me for one night there. They would love the vinyl and retro. One repairs classic audio equipment and always has an assortment on hand including RTRs.

RPM123

« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2015, 07:51 pm »
Then there is this (coffee) bar in San Francisco that has some VERY high end gear!  :o

http://www.eliteaudiosf.com/

CSI

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2015, 08:58 pm »
I hope they fix the downspout before the next photo op.  Kind of like being photographed with your zipper down.  :lol: Clamp should have been on the bottom pipe.  :duh:  :roll:

Sounds like my kind of place if I drank, liked crowded places, driving downtown, and going out after dark once I have become all comfy at home.  :lol:  I live in the Sac burbs.  Maybe my buddies will kidnap me for one night there. They would love the vinyl and retro. One repairs classic audio equipment and always has an assortment on hand including RTRs.
Back in the late 1950's a bar opened in Goleta, CA (college town - UCSB), called the Paragon Room.  It was designed around a fantastic JBL speaker called the Paragon. The speaker was very "Danish Modern" looking - mostly curved wood - and about 9 feet wide. The Paragon was on an elevated platform behind the bar. Not to be outdone, a competitor remodeled his bar with a pair of Altec Lansing Voice of the Theaters flush mounted into the wall then covered the entire wall behind the bar with grille cloth. Both bars sounded pretty cool but neither lasted very long. College towns are long on beer drinkers but short on beer drinking audiophiles.

watercourse

« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2015, 11:34 pm »
http://insidescoopsf.sfgate.com/blog/2015/04/08/modern-food-old-tunes-2015/#31950-5

Been to Molina a couple of times, the chef/owner is great guy, the food is excellent. Need to check out the other spots some time - anyone been to the Ramen Shop on College?

Folsom

« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2015, 05:09 am »
Great idea. People love that stuff but it doesn't fit into anyone's home hardly ever; it's just not in for decoration at home.