LSAF 2016

Brad

LSAF 2016
« on: 3 Dec 2015, 02:20 am »
I noticed they posted the dates for next year's LSAF.
April 29-May 1

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/info.html

I'm still listed as an exhibitor, so I guess I should be attending this time around  :thumb:

Probably going to bring my Korneff 45 amp, with NuForce DAC-10H, and an OB project or two.

DSkip

• Industry Participant
Re: LSAF 2016
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2015, 03:06 am »
I'll be there representing Audio Thesis.  I'll be bringing out the Rosso Fiorentino Elba's for sure, but not certain what else.  I am working with someone now to make LSAF 2016 return to high end status with some true flagship speakers from a major manufacturer.  More to come on that front.

sebrof

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2015, 11:55 am »
Last year me and 3 friends brought up a system (parts and pieces from each of our personal systems) and "exhibited." We were the 5one2 Audio room. Really we just had drinks and played music. Loads of fun.
I'll definitely go next year but probably not get a room. Lots of work.

Brad

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2015, 02:59 pm »
Really we just had drinks and played music. Loads of fun.

I resemble that comment  :wink:
That's been my mode for the 7-8 times I've been to LSAF.
Listening to a good variety of music with new friends, always fun.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2015, 03:42 pm »
Thanks to a combination of scheming and cooperative planning with my wife, there is an excellent chance I'll be able to attend. It sounds like a blast. I suppose I could bring along something special to drink - assuming I manage to avoid drinking it beforehand.

:D

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2015, 04:22 pm »
the reason i have not brought a system to the show is i want to be free to roam around.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2015, 05:27 am »
the reason i have not brought a system to the show is i want to be free to roam around.

That's the one drawback about having a room. My grandson got around to the other rooms but I spent most of the time in my rooms. I had a blast but would really have liked to have been able to get to all the other rooms.

I plan on having a room this year again as well. I'll be bringing my GR-Research open baffle speakers back but with different bass units. Instead of three 8" servo drivers in an H-Frame, this year I will have wedge shaped bass units with two 12" servo drivers per side. The shape of the bass units matches the midrange/tweeter cabinets so the complete speaker system will look a lot better. More bass doesn't hurt either  :thumb:

Now, if I could just figure out where I put that cloning machine  :scratch:

Mike

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 6 Dec 2015, 05:57 am »
Mike,

Wouldn't be possible to lock the door, tape a sign to it saying, 'Back at 3 o'clock', and go see the rooms?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 6 Dec 2015, 07:24 am »
Mike,

Wouldn't be possible to lock the door, tape a sign to it saying, 'Back at 3 o'clock', and go see the rooms?

Michael,

Yes, but then folks wouldn't get to listen to my room. Last May I only had a couple of five minute periods all day Saturday when I didn't have people in my main room, and I was on the third floor, away from everybody else.

I did get around to most of the other rooms but not all, and I didn't get to spend as much time in some as I would have liked.

This year my plan is to go down on Wednesday instead of Thursday so I have plenty of time to set up and fix glitches (a computer server decided to be a pain). Plus not break down and leave until Monday. Maybe that way I will have more time to get to the other rooms.

If you do get there, be sure and stop by. If you haven't had a chance to hear the Wedgies before then you will be amazed at what these little guys can do.

Mike

FredT300B

« Reply #9 on: 6 Dec 2015, 12:41 pm »
I missed the last two years' shows because of unavoidable conflicts, but I have the 2016 fest on my calendar and I'm looking forward to it.  :thumb:

Brad

« Reply #10 on: 6 Dec 2015, 08:10 pm »
I missed the last two years' shows because of unavoidable conflicts, but I have the 2016 fest on my calendar and I'm looking forward to it.  :thumb:

Glad to hear that, Fred!

Txcoastal1

« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2015, 02:08 am »
I'll be there representing Audio Thesis.  I'll be bringing out the Rosso Fiorentino Elba's for sure, but not certain what else.  I am working with someone now to make LSAF 2016 return to high end status with some true flagship speakers from a major manufacturer.  More to come on that front.

Make this happen Skip

Russman has something up his sleeve too.

Cheers
---Ron

Txcoastal1

« Reply #12 on: 28 Dec 2015, 08:23 pm »
Seems to be conflicting dates on the LSAF 2016 site

Front page mentions April 29th
http://lonestaraudiofest.com/info.html

Registration page May 6th
http://lonestaraudiofest.com/registration.html

Can anyone verify what dates are to be true?

Thanks
Ron

Brad

« Reply #13 on: 28 Dec 2015, 09:03 pm »
Thanks for catching that Ron, wouldn't want to make the haul to Dallas with my system on the wrong weekend.
I'll see if I can find out.

The reservations link still has a 2015 date in it.

Txcoastal1

« Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2015, 10:54 pm »
Thanks for catching that Ron, wouldn't want to make the haul to Dallas with my system on the wrong weekend.
I'll see if I can find out.

The reservations link still has a 2015 date in it.

Not that my opinion matters but May 6th would be a bad option as it may give any one that has dealings with Axpona (APRIL 15-17, 2016) a chance to get it back together....not sure what Wayne or Steven had in mind, and there is yet to be any postings on DIY. I too would like to plan accordingly.

FYI if anyone gives a hoot I'm the other guy in the Blowtorch room with Russman, just wanted to intro myself.

Thanks...and Happy New Year
--Ron

Cheers guys 

Brad

« Reply #15 on: 28 Dec 2015, 11:21 pm »
Heard back from the organizers.  They confirmed April 29-May1 as the date.

They also said they'd update the reservations link once they get it from Embassy

sebrof

« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2015, 12:20 am »
Not that my opinion matters but May 6th would be a bad option as it may give any one that has dealings with Axpona (APRIL 15-17, 2016) a chance to get it back together....not sure what Wayne or Steven had in mind, and there is yet to be any postings on DIY. I too would like to plan accordingly.

FYI if anyone gives a hoot I'm the other guy in the Blowtorch room with Russman, just wanted to intro myself.

Thanks...and Happy New Year
--Ron

Cheers guys
Blowtorch was a cool room last year. You guys planning on 2016?

Txcoastal1

« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2015, 12:42 am »
Blowtorch was a cool room last year. You guys planning on 2016?

Yeah we'll have something going on. I've had a show room for the last 4yrs so don't have a reason not to this year.

Also working with Skip (mentioned above) on a big room downstairs if all pans out. It won't be DIY but it should be a class A system.

DouglasConnection

« Reply #18 on: 3 Jan 2016, 06:39 pm »
We will be there again this year.  Please let me know if we can help in any way!  Hope this show will grow!  :D

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 20 Jan 2016, 05:24 pm »
Any idea what the status is and how to get in touch with the organizers? I sent an email to the info@lonestaraudiofest.com address a few days ago but have not heard anything back.

Mike